Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz bargains?

Mace

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1383655200' post='2267035']
Think this has come up a couple of times. Fender are dropping Genz so a big clear out at GAK and Bass Direct
[/quote]

Whatever the reasons, it is a brilliant deal. If I had a spare £400 kicking about I would buy one now. But I don't... :(

As said, it's end of line stock going at clearance prices - I think Fender will be making their dealers clear this to make room for whatever new range they have planned. I can't see them buying a company like Genz then just stopping them, they will probably bring out a new Fender range of essentially re-badged Genz stuff but with more of an accountants perspective on the components and QC...

For us, the consumer, it means the chance to grab some bargains, but bear in mind there may no longer be the great aftersales support that Genz Benz are renowned for.

FWIW I'm one of a few who really did not like my Genz Benz amp, I bought one, it broke, had it replaced, that broke, had it repaired, it broke, repaired again, sold it. Never really liked the sound. The shop (not GAK) ended up looking after all the aftersales back and forth because I'm in the UK, and they were great by the way. But just be warned, they can go wrong and when they do you'll be dealing with Fender ultimately...

Ive never bought into amps as investments in the same way as basses, my neox 2x12t and shuttle 6.0 I started with have earnt their keep with 4 years of trouble free function band duties, I only paid £530 for my shuttlemax9.2 off ebay in as new condition when I was ready to put £1000 on a 0% credit card for a new one, I even got the fancy carry case with it too. I also bought my 3.0 used and my neox 1x12t came from a bc member, to sum up I have a lot of genz gear that owes me nothing really so im still very happy :D

[quote name='Alec' timestamp='1383666096' post='2267308']
NX2-212T - £379 - WOW!!!
[/quote]
Anyone thinking of buying a cab or even two if they have a two ohm head should be all over that, you wont beat it and I dont think the used market will suffer too much, why would anyone sell theirs cheap in a year when you wont be able to buy a new one and it will still be a match for £1000 cab from an other brand. Fender have been dealing with the warranty for years and still are but as I understand it arent fender in trouble anyway, surely thats more of a worry for the bass playing community?

Just arrived. Absolutely brand spanking new. Bulletproof packing by Genz (massive padding inside). Still sealed in a bag with a big box full of packing.

EXTREMELY impressed. This is the bass bargain of 2013. You couldn't buy a decent 1x12 for this.

I was going to spend £1000 on a Berg but now, I've spent just more than a third and got the same type of cab.

Excellent construction, really thick tolex, the handles are actually well placed, and very very easy to move.

I sold my Tecamp M212 bargain a few years back and regretted it for a long time. I agree, once these are gone the price second hand won't be affected.

This is staying with me. Perfect 4 ohm/2x12 lightweight cab.

Trust me. Do whatever you can, whack it on a 0% credit card...its worth it.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Alec' timestamp='1383666096' post='2267308']
NX2-212T - £379 - WOW!!!
[/quote]

That's outrageous. I love my Markbass rig and can't afford to buy this, but almost feel obliged to at that price. It seems like it would be rude not to!

[quote name='leroydiamond' timestamp='1383678728' post='2267613']The NX2 212T ls a real bargain all right[/quote]
[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1383680537' post='2267664']I've just ordered one.[/quote]
[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1383682849' post='2267711']This is the bass bargain of 2013. Trust me. Do whatever you can, whack it on a 0% credit card...its worth it.[/quote]
[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1383686465' post='2267765']i just stuck mine on my barclaycard & mighty pleased with it i am,stuff the interest :)
[/quote]
[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1383689103' post='2267818']...almost feel obliged to at that price. It seems like it would be rude not to![/quote]

Thanks guys - you are not helping [b][i]at all[/i][/b]!! :gas: :D