Why become a member? ×

Scott Devine's new website

skidder652003

[quote name='Greggo' timestamp='1383505001' post='2265217']
I have watched a few of his vids and they are pretty good. I wonder if his glove has an effect on his tone? I bet a lot of kids where gloves as a result of watching his videos not realising why he wears it..
[/quote]

I wear very similar gloves, although not for medical reasons, purely because I'm a right tart and they look cool, but also because they stop my hands sticking to the glossy neck on a sweaty gig. The only effect I have noticed it that everything feels and sounds a little smoother, but they have no effect on mobility, speed and accuracy. They are silk liner gloves and they feel like a second skin.

[quote name='Greggo' timestamp='1383505001' post='2265217']
I have watched a few of his vids and they are pretty good. I wonder if his glove has an effect on his tone? I bet a lot of kids where gloves as a result of watching his videos not realising why he wears it..
[/quote]

I wouldn't imagine it had a massive impact, certainly not on a fretted bass anyway. Maybe it has a small impact on a fretless? Maybe he'll pop up and tell you :)

I think this looks awesome and the membership is probably less than a night out (I don't even get out that much!):

[url="http://www.scottsbasslessons.com/sbl-insider"]http://www.scottsbasslessons.com/sbl-insider[/url]

I have signed up already! Hopefully see some of you on the other side!

[quote name='lowdowner' timestamp='1383767672' post='2268911']
I was going to ask people's opinion on this (I've visited his site many times before and found the vids really interesting). Looks like I'll be seeing some of you on the forums there :)
[/quote]

I find his lesson always unique and often make things I thought were complex seem more straightforward. I think the pro site membership at the moment equates to £36, which is £3 a month. That's not a lot really if you think you'll get use out of the workbooks and the other stuff he is offering. I think it is a real bargain and I'm really happy to contribute. I'm actually very excited about his whole site and the approach he is taking. A definite thumbs up from me.

I also emailed him a while back with some questions. I didn't really expect a reply, but I got a very considerate response and feel he is just a super top bloke.

[quote name='bluesparky' timestamp='1383823045' post='2269509']
Thanks for the heads up, someone had mentioned it on Facebook and I was wondering how the site was.
I'll have a proper look when I get home this weekend.
[/quote]
He says that this rate is for a few days only. Then it will go to full price. Get in quick.
I joined up as I have probably had £36 worth of stuff that he distributes freely. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm in.
It's silly money really for the amount of quality stuff he puts out. The videos are always great, very informative and easy to follow.
What with the great GAK Genz sale and this at 30 odd quid, it's got to be the Bass Bargain week of the year.
B)

[quote name='wriggers' timestamp='1383847173' post='2269966']

He says that this rate is for a few days only. Then it will go to full price. Get in quick.
I joined up as I have probably had £36 worth of stuff that he distributes freely. I'm looking forward to it.
[/quote]

Ok, cheers!