Why become a member? ×

A first go on the new Zulu Bass.

xilddx

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1384562744' post='2278342']
Cheers guys :)

Fascinating to hear it sounds 'ravey' :)
[/quote]

Actually it sounded very cinematic to me. Exactly the sort of thing a music supervisor would like for the "car chase through the kasbah" scene.

I dabble with scoring films...I've done a handful of shorts and should be contributing to a feature next year...so I'm a bit jealous :)

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1384594533' post='2278426']
Actually it sounded very cinematic to me. Exactly the sort of thing a music supervisor would like for the "car chase through the kasbah" scene.

I dabble with scoring films...I've done a handful of shorts and should be contributing to a feature next year...so I'm a bit jealous :)
[/quote]

Cool man! Thanks :)

Good to hear you've got a commission for some scoring, are the shorts you did on YT or something? I'm interested in hearing them.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1384603039' post='2278561']

Cool man! Thanks :)

Good to hear you've got a commission for some scoring, are the shorts you did on YT or something? I'm interested in hearing them.
[/quote]

This was a few years ago and to my knowledge nothing ended up on YouTube (thank god...I was never really happy with them)

I was also asked to score a feature once but as I was already designing the posters, opening titles and closing credits I felt I had to pass.

Luckily the same writer/director is working on a new screenplay and has already approached me. It's all just low budget indie stuff so I will be doing it more for the love of it than for money and fame :D

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1384604316' post='2278577']
This was a few years ago and to my knowledge nothing ended up on YouTube (thank god...I was never really happy with them)

I was also asked to score a feature once but as I was already designing the posters, opening titles and closing credits I felt I had to pass.

Luckily the same writer/director is working on a new screenplay and has already approached me. It's all just low budget indie stuff so I will be doing it more for the love of it than for money and fame :D
[/quote]

Hopefully that's why most of us do these things mate :)

That's really nice he approached you to do it. I hope it goes well Paul. Link us to the result when it's out.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1384604857' post='2278584']

Hopefully that's why most of us do these things mate :)

That's really nice he approached you to do it. I hope it goes well Paul. Link us to the result when it's out.
[/quote]

Will do. The last one...which starred Alan "Bricktop" Ford got a decent European distribution deal so hopefully this next one will on Amazon in a few years :)

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1384727014' post='2280122']
Just noticed this. Great sound Nigel, I'm surprised at the depth of tone from the HB. Dubtastic. The Zulu bass sound as good as it looks. Good job mate.
[/quote]

Cheers Sam, I'm really pleased with it and can't wait to debut it at the London Zulu gig in a couple of weeks :)