Why become a member? ×

Hi from Dandini

dandini

Hi...

Im not quite a newbie as ive brought from and messaged quite a few guys on here but I thought its only polite to do an intro.

Im Dan, Bass player in Tokyo Outsiders (www.myspace.comthetokyooutsiders), Im 31 and from kempston, Bedford.

Been playing around 5 years I guess and love it!!!!!!!

Experience wise ive played with 2 bands including my current band but thsi will be the first one gigging. Were doing the Ryhthm of the World Festival in Hitchin at Remix on the 12th July and were bricking it to be honest.

The band is a four piece, me on Bass and BV, Glenn on Guitar and Lead Vocals, Andy on the drums and Kris on Keys. Andy pand Kris are new to the band thing and we (in our current guise) have been togteher about 10 weeks!!!!!

Musically were Indie/Rock/Pop/Dance.. with influences (well mine) from editors, joy division, killers, Kings of Leon, Kasabian, Foo Fighters, Foals, Tokyo Police Club, Bloc Party and We Are Scientists (big fav)... and loads more

Really keen to start gigging proper so any tips or links would be genuinely appreciated!

Kit wise I play a Yamaha BB614, currently through a Hartke A100 but ive just brought an Ashdown ABM 210T 500 and a 4 x 10 ashdown extension cab. I love the ashdown sound and play through Ashdown at the studio (London Road in Baldock, great place) so had to buy some gear.

Pedal wise Ive just traded by Pod XT Live with Steve for his Yamaha magicstomp. Ive alos got a EHX Big Muff (dont rate it), Akai Headrush, and Boss Bf-3, AW-3, ODB-3, TU-2 with a behringer compressor... pretty much all brought in teh last 6/8 weeks off here :)

Anyway what more can I say... um im a Spurs and work for the worlds 3rd largest retail company even though im an engineer by trade (but a buyer as a job)... and im getting married in October

Cheers gents

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dan,

Are you guys still doing the RotW on the 12th at Hitchin under that name? The local paper says it's all happening on various stages in the grounds of The Priory. No mention of Remix.

Can't promise to be there, but it might happen. Good luck anyway.

Balcro.

[quote name='dandini' date='Jun 22 2008, 11:45 PM' post='224610']
Hi...

Im Dan, Bass player in Tokyo Outsiders (www.myspace.comthetokyooutsiders), Im 31 and from kempston, Bedford.

Experience wise ive played with 2 bands including my current band but thsi will be the first one gigging. Were doing the Ryhthm of the World Festival in Hitchin at Remix on the 12th July and were bricking it to be honest.

The band is a four piece, me on Bass and BV, Glenn on Guitar and Lead Vocals, Andy on the drums and Kris on Keys. Andy pand Kris are new to the band thing and we (in our current guise) have been togteher about 10 weeks!!!!!

Kit wise I play a Yamaha BB614, currently through a Hartke A100 but ive just brought an Ashdown ABM 210T 500 and a 4 x 10 ashdown extension cab. I love the ashdown sound and play through Ashdown at the studio (London Road in Baldock, great place) so had to buy some gear.

Yes mate were playing at Remix at 2 pm in teh afternoon. Were one of 2 originals bands on so its gonna be a weird one!!

Other bands include:

REMIX ALLDAYER FREE ENTRY!

Tokyo Outsiders (Indie/Pop/Rock) 2pm till 2:30pm
Angry Badger (Rock) 3pm to 3:30pm
The Twilights (Covers band) 4pm to 5pm
****Luke Rees???**** 5:30pm to 6pm
Geometrics (Art Of Opposition) 6:20pm till 6:50pm
The Ryes (Radio 1 / Jo Wiley Favorite) 7:10pm to 7:40pm
Skeleton Jelly (Covers Band 60s to 90's) 8pm to 9pm
Stormcell (Cover Band 70's 80's 90's) 9:15pm to 10:15pm
The Leading Edge (10:30pm till 11:30pm)

Then there are DJ's

[quote name='dandini' post='232287' date='Jul 3 2008, 09:11 PM']Yes mate were playing at Remix at 2 pm in teh afternoon. Were one of 2 originals bands on so its gonna be a weird one!!

Other bands include:

REMIX ALLDAYER FREE ENTRY!

Tokyo Outsiders (Indie/Pop/Rock) 2pm till 2:30pm
Angry Badger (Rock) 3pm to 3:30pm
The Twilights (Covers band) 4pm to 5pm
****Luke Rees???**** 5:30pm to 6pm
Geometrics (Art Of Opposition) 6:20pm till 6:50pm
The Ryes (Radio 1 / Jo Wiley Favorite) 7:10pm to 7:40pm
Skeleton Jelly (Covers Band 60s to 90's) 8pm to 9pm
Stormcell (Cover Band 70's 80's 90's) 9:15pm to 10:15pm
The Leading Edge (10:30pm till 11:30pm)

Then there are DJ's[/quote]
You sound as if the DJ's rule the roost.....don't worry, they're all a bunch of talentless Mo Fo's who know nothing about the art.

[quote name='Alz' post='232328' date='Jul 3 2008, 10:40 PM']You sound as if the DJ's rule the roost.....don't worry, they're all a bunch of talentless Mo Fo's who know nothing about the art.[/quote]

These guys arent bad actually but then I wont be there as ill be back in my home town in another club!!!

Im just glad to finally have our first gig. Now gotta start pushing for other :))