Why become a member? ×

Pickguard colour question?

cocco

So this is my Lakland Bob Glaub. I love it to death, just never quite been sold on the mint/parchment scratch plate.

[IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h373/ashrome/395FF21E-38BA-4577-9F5B-E0C738FA39D9-3779-0000044D9167EF67.jpg[/IMG]

So what should I go for? Tort or black? Either way I'm gonna hit up The Bass Doc.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1383081677' post='2260075']
Gold is the only thing that make sunburst even remotely acceptable.
[/quote]

Come on sir, I think that's going a bit far.

There's nothing that makes sunburst acceptable in any way.

Tort.

Black on sunburst looks wrong in so much as it refers back tho post -1974 Fenders , a great many of which were , well, crap, for want of a better term , or at least not as good as the ones from the era that had preceded them . The Bass Doc does a fantastic tort plate that is practically identical in hue to that which was very carefully chosen by Lakland to be vintage- correct to go on their U.S.A - made basses . How can anyone knock sunburst/rosewood /tort? It's like knocking bacon , eggs and baked beans or my current Strictly Come Dancing - based fantasy involving Susanna Reid , Rachael Riley and Vanessa Feltz . Some things are just right , and sunburst /rosewood /tort is very much one of them .

Edited by Dingus