Why become a member? ×

Wiring diagram for a Tanglewood Bassmaster funk

vmaxblues

• 3 years later...

If I recall correctly the electronics are the standard jazz configuration (since a picture is equal to a thousand words I'd suggest you google jazz bass wiring). I'll check this again tonight. This is one of the very few active basses where the actual pickups are active - there is no separate preamp. The red cables from the pickups are connected to the +ve of the battery. -ve of the battery goes to the ring connection on the jack output.

I actually have the neck off mine at the minute, masked up and ready for a fret level and dress. Might get to it some day this week...

Edit: Don't know the value of the pots or cap in the circuit, but it'll be wired like this
[url="http://s362.photobucket.com/user/Br0theralex/media/active_soapbar.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='BassApprentice' timestamp='1488203052' post='3246711']
Ah thanks Bigwan! I'll get to rewiring mine tonight.

Also I'm not convinced the neck on mine is quite right so may ask for some comparison pictures from yours if that's ok? Of course I'll do my own investigation on it first.

Thanks again.
[/quote]

Fretwork on mine is atrocious. High frets everywhere! The tongue on the end of the neck of mine is thicker than I think it should be, so sits proud of the front of the body by about 4-5mm. Shout if you want pics of anything.