Why become a member? ×

Post your pictures, Lets see what you all look like.

[quote name='FlatEric' post='1086361' date='Jan 12 2011, 07:39 AM']Wicked!! :)

I just love Twin Necks! :)

What is it?

Cheers. :lol:[/quote]

It's one I made earlier. The shape is a copy of the Mouradian CS74. I got carried away when designing it and it grew a bit.
Lower neck fretted with Rickenbacker pickups. Upper fretless with Bartolini active pickups.

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1087527' date='Jan 13 2011, 04:23 AM']you're all staring at the floor. stand up straight young man.[/quote]

A bit of background information to explain our lack of eye contact with the crowd... The gig was a charity event, run by a local youth music charity... We were booked before alot of the other "acts", so didn't know who we'd be sharing the stage with. Notice I said "acts" and not "bands". This is because we were one of two bands on the bill. The rest of the day was filled with r+b and hip hop artists. Enit. As such, the crowd reacted less favourably to our brand of intricate folk pop. Hence the lack of eye contact. Perhaps we unwittingly sit under the flag of the "shoegazer" genre?

But you are correct! Posture is very important. Difficult to go mental with a straight back, though. Normally it results in looking a bit like a salmon. Maybe that's what audiences want to see! :)

Ima no-life bass player for almost 2 years. I love this instrument more than anything else :)

[attachment=69282:dees_2.jpg]
[attachment=69281:naamlooshe.jpg]
[attachment=69283:juist02__.JPG]
[attachment=69284:juist01.JPG]
[attachment=69285:juist03.JPG]

A few from our [url="http://www.facebook.com/womatrust?v=wall#!/womatrust"]WOMA[/url] tribute gig to our former bandleader, Doreen Thobekile, at the Roundhouse in London a couple of weeks ago. It was a truly wonderful and emotional night.

The singer is Doreen's daughter, Ingrid, who sang with Soul II Soul in the '90s and with her mum. The rest of the band are me on bass and members of Transglobal Underground (who Doreen sang with for a while) we were Doreen's band for her solo work. Doreen sadly died in June last year from cancer. We miss her.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='beorc' post='1094433' date='Jan 18 2011, 08:48 PM']Ima no-life bass player for almost 2 years. I love this instrument more than anything else :)

[attachment=69282:dees_2.jpg]
[attachment=69281:naamlooshe.jpg][/quote]

I see a nice prestine Ibanez GSR200 there. I remember when mine looked like that.

The 1st is from a gig in february 2010 at The Windmill in Westhoughton. My bands 2nd proper gig. Man i looked young back then. The 2nd is at Gigs Bar in Bolton, August 2010, at a heat for our local Battle Of The Bands. The 3rd was taken at a photoshoot in our practice space late 2010, and yes, our practice space contains a tractor, its a bit odd i know.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

[quote name='silddx' post='1096566' date='Jan 20 2011, 05:05 PM']A few from our [url="http://www.facebook.com/womatrust?v=wall#!/womatrust"]WOMA[/url] tribute gig to our former bandleader, Doreen Thobekile, at the Roundhouse in London a couple of weeks ago. It was a truly wonderful and emotional night.

The singer is Doreen's daughter, Ingrid, who sang with Soul II Soul in the '90s and with her mum. The rest of the band are me on bass and members of Transglobal Underground (who Doreen sang with for a while) we were Doreen's band for her solo work. Doreen sadly died in June last year from cancer. We miss her.

[/quote]

Fantastic photos mate.

• 3 weeks later...