Why become a member? ×

Post your pictures, Lets see what you all look like.

[quote name='IncX' post='339491' date='Nov 28 2008, 12:11 PM']bass octopus:

thats the beauty of your press photo... no one can ever tell who has been replaced *lol*

i wish i would have your luck too, since our vocalist left. you have to laugh at the reason he left - he left because of the fact that i do not act "metal" enough.[/quote]

:huh: Ours left the day we received the pressing of our debut album.

I produced, mixed, recorded it and put 18 months of my life into it and the day the cds turn up, he goes mental and suggests replacing all the band with "more photogenic" members - apart from himself of course. What a to$$er!!!!!!!!

Still our new singer is much better. And we wiped the old guy off our best tracks and put them on Myspace with the new singer.

Only problem now is we have now have no motivation to sell the CD with the old guy on :)

(BTW How can you play Vampyre's and not be metal enough? :huh: )

Edited by bassoctopus

[quote name='budget bassist' post='339435' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:36 AM']fair play, some people on here like to be sure where their basses are coming from i guess![/quote]

That's cool mate,you can ask Shockwave,I am totally honest about things - I've sold him 2 basses :)

[quote name='IncX' post='339491' date='Nov 28 2008, 12:11 PM']lorne:

yes, ive found it really hard to get opinions on BC Rich basses because the shape puts most ppl off, and they start slagging the bass off until i lose interest following the thread... i will surely contact you when i have enough $$ for one of those widows.[/quote]

-*-

No worries Ruell,like I said in response to budget bassist,I am totally honest about things

I have played a LOT of basses in my time,and there are some nice ones to chose from,like the 1990's ESP precision I should have bought,the 8 Washburn Status basses I should NOT have sold,or the one Warwick (Fretless) I nearly bought.

So don't get hung up about shapes and makers of instruments,If something appeals to you,by all means buy it,but find out from actual owners their experiences first,not just listen to the unimformed rants of people who've never touched one,no matter what company made it :)

Edited by Lorne

[quote name='OldGit' post='339381' date='Nov 28 2008, 10:53 AM']Impressive, none the less. Phil's mojo will be in it.
I guess it has "a little of the Oirish in it " :)

Bass Player mag this month has a feature on 25 spikey basses.. worth getting of you want to compare ..[/quote]

Thanks mate :huh:

and the Mockingbird was unused from 1982 to December 2006 as it was in an attic in Northampton :huh:

[quote name='7h3rr0r' post='339527' date='Nov 28 2008, 12:44 PM']Just go here so here I am :huh:

...drunk...
[attachment=16542:119751466_l.jpg][/quote]

Welcome to basschat from all who browse here...

I was strangely attracted to this photo :) :huh: on removing your beard it's even better.....must be my age... :huh:

I'll get me coat

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='bassoctopus' post='339513' date='Nov 28 2008, 12:29 PM'](BTW How can you play Vampyre's and not be metal enough? :) )[/quote]

if you noticed, most if not all of the guys in the warwick forums who play a vampyre LTD arent metal *lol*

the vocalist im not metal enough because im too happy *lol* i joke around a lot and for the most part, i dont take things seriously, and i usually do not want to discuss why he thinks Hitler is a hero *lol*

yes... i think he needs help.

-*-

glad things are going well with your vocalist... cant you re record the vocals of your old stuff and release it as "300 ft gorilla EXTREME!" *lol* ... i know a lot of bands do that... they have like 3 albums and those 3 are just remixed versions of the old demo.

[quote name='Sarah5string' post='340601' date='Nov 29 2008, 04:43 PM']Suppose I should put new pics up.... feels like I'm a different person since I went away so would be rude not to...

So here to go... the newly single.. newly happy and independant-womanesque Sarah5string.[/quote]
I like that first one :)

[quote name='The Burpster' post='340603' date='Nov 29 2008, 04:44 PM']Hello my name is Jake......[/quote]
:huh::lol:

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='340628' date='Nov 29 2008, 05:16 PM']At last! A picture without a fruit machine in it!

[url="http://www.jazz-nights.com/SaraMitraGallery3.htm"]http://www.jazz-nights.com/SaraMitraGallery3.htm[/url]

PS Have I got the smallest stack in the world? :)[/quote]
Hey Bilbo just noticed that your IP name presumably includes your birthdate (23 July 1963) - this makes me exactly three days older than you. Older = wiser? :huh:
Maybe not!

[quote name='Clarky' post='340631' date='Nov 29 2008, 05:22 PM']Hey Bilbo just noticed that your IP name presumably includes your birthdate (23 July 1963) - this makes me exactly three days older than you. Older = wiser? :)
Maybe not![/quote]

Yeah, but I LOOK older!

A couple from a gig last month....

In case you're wondering what the Hell I'm doing in the first one - I'm trying to juggle using an eBow, the volume pot and a Whammy pedal while watching for a cue from the keyboard player :)

Cheers
Alun

Edited by Alun

[quote name='Alun' post='340670' date='Nov 29 2008, 06:14 PM']A couple from a gig last month....

In case you're wondering what the Hell I'm doing in the first one - I'm trying to juggle using an eBow, the volume pot and a Whammy pedal while watching for a cue from the keyboard player :)

Cheers
Alun[/quote]

what bass is that?

first thing in my head is a curt... and gasp... a ritter?

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='340628' date='Nov 29 2008, 05:16 PM']At last! A picture without a fruit machine in it!

[url="http://www.jazz-nights.com/SaraMitraGallery3.htm"]http://www.jazz-nights.com/SaraMitraGallery3.htm[/url]

PS Have I got the smallest stack in the world? :)[/quote]

Jeez but you must be good... you've even got time to read a comic while you're playing! :huh: