Why become a member? ×

Post your pictures, Lets see what you all look like.

Well this is a couple of me in slightly strange circumstances (1. a suit 2. on a stage big enough to move around on) a couple of weeks back.

Whilst I do come from Surrey I would just like to point out I am not sticking my nose up at everybody in this shot, embarrassingly I was trying to keep my glasses on (I stepped on them the night before after a few drinks and they just would not get back into shape).

[attachment=13774:Jem_Retr...30_08_08.jpg]
[attachment=13775:Stage_Sh...30_08_08.jpg]

[quote name='TheDarkReaver' post='288854' date='Sep 21 2008, 11:19 PM']the slight tightness seems to help prevent tendonitis like flare ups I sometimes get.[/quote]
You're getting tendonitis at 21?! Something doesn't seem right. I've been playing 20 years and never had a problem wiith it.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='288865' date='Sep 21 2008, 11:36 PM']You're getting tendonitis at 21?! Something doesn't seem right. I've been playing 20 years and never had a problem wiith it.[/quote]

Well I never got it diagnosed but I was getting symptoms of it. Seems to have almost gone now though, had a couple of months break from gigs and heavy playing. I'm guessing it was due to poor strap length causing me to have bad technique, so I've been trying to find that right height that's comfortable, Which I believe I have.

I suppose it could have been some other joint related problem. I've had problems with my knees in the past so maybe I'm susceptible or something.

Edited by TheDarkReaver

[quote name='TheDarkReaver' post='288884' date='Sep 22 2008, 12:15 AM']Well I never got it diagnosed but I was getting symptoms of it. Seems to have almost gone now though, had a couple of months break from gigs and heavy playing. I'm guessing it was due to poor strap length causing me to have bad technique, so I've been trying to find that right height that's comfortable, Which I believe I have.

I suppose it could have been some other joint related problem. I've had problems with my knees in the past so maybe I'm susceptible or something.[/quote]

Wow so young .. You'd better start taking glucousamine as from now ...

[quote name='OldGit' post='289006' date='Sep 22 2008, 10:31 AM']Wow so young .. You'd better start taking glucousamine as from now ...[/quote]

I take that (with a couple of other things) and I'm only 23 :huh:

I've had a few sporting injuries (knees/ankles) that I've never 100% recovered from and it seems to help when I go running. If I don't take them it takes a lot longer to recover from simple things like a medium distance run and it's a pain in the arse (not literally) :)

Never had an issue with my hands though...

[quote name='TheDarkReaver' post='288823' date='Sep 21 2008, 10:24 PM']Why does everyone there look so nerdy? Well a lot of them anyway.[/quote]
Thats because they're all those 'music geeks' - "I play violin, cello AND clarinet" you know the sort. I was the only one there who wasn't reading music.

• 1 month later...