Why become a member? ×

Post your pictures, Lets see what you all look like.

Thought i would try a beard. First time in 40yrs. By time Xmas gets here i should be a good Santa lookalike.

For those that have beards how did you manage to get thru that itching like blazes stage. That's the main reason i've never managed one since i was 20.

DSCN1539.JPG

15 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

For those that have beards how did you manage to get thru that itching like blazes stage. That's the main reason i've never managed one since i was 20.

Stubborn determination mainly.  Just keep in mind how good it will feel when it's long enough for the wind to catch it.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Thought i would try a beard. First time in 40yrs. By time Xmas gets here i should be a good Santa lookalike.

DSCN1539.JPG

I'm told moisturising it helps. I'm no expert though... I never made it through the itchy stage....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, odysseus said:

I'm told moisturising it helps. I'm no expert though... I never made it through the itchy stage....

Needs to be proper moisturiser so i'm told but was also told just to wash with water when itchy and that seemed to work quite well. Its kind getting past that stage now with just occasional itch.

Been quite an interesting experience but not sure i'll keep it much longer.

Doesn't suit the 70's Glam Rock covers band i'm in :lol:

30 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Needs to be proper moisturiser so i'm told but was also told just to wash with water when itchy and that seemed to work quite well. Its kind getting past that stage now with just occasional itch.

Been quite an interesting experience but not sure i'll keep it much longer.

Doesn't suit the 70's Glam Rock covers band i'm in :lol:

Yeah apparently 'beard oil' is actually a thing.

You could always go for the Roy Wood look.... 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, odysseus said:

Yeah apparently 'beard oil' is actually a thing.

You could always go for the Roy Wood look.... 

Beard oil is a rip off - my wife bought me some and I only used it once. Coconut oil works well, and is much cheaper!

I started growing a fledgling beard during lockdown but it became pretty obvious that my mum’s auburn hair gene had manifested itself as a ginger and grey beard. 

It was quite a mismatch with my almost black head hair, plus I couldn’t stop licking the moustache the whole time, so off it came. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Must be about 15 years since I was clean shaven, and that was only for a few weeks. I'd feel lost without a hairy face!

Do you remember that wet feeling even though your face was dry?  It must be because the air is getting to the skin where it could not before.  I kept having to double check.  Like yourself, it didn't last long.

I went back to a beard about five years ago 🙂

Blessed relief, I hate shaving.

Last week I trimmed it into a 'Hulk Hogan' which was a disaster so the next day I shaved it off and started from scratch.

Luckily I only take a week to grow a beard.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I went back to a beard about five years ago 🙂

Blessed relief, I hate shaving.

Last week I trimmed it into a 'Hulk Hogan' which was a disaster so the next day I shaved it off and started from scratch.

Luckily I only take a week to grow a beard.

Call me in about a year with a view to joining my ZZ Top tribute band then.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bassbiscuits said:

I started growing a fledgling beard during lockdown but it became pretty obvious that my mum’s auburn hair gene had manifested itself as a ginger and grey beard. 

It was quite a mismatch with my almost black head hair, plus I couldn’t stop licking the moustache the whole time, so off it came. 

When i was 20 i grew my first attempt. Pure blonde hair, dark eyebrows and ginger beard too. That's one of the reasons i shaved again. I'd forgotten all about that.

Now everything is white.......sorted :laugh1:

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 3