Why become a member? ×

1974/5 Fender Jazz * SOLD *
£2200

Clarky

I bought this five months ago from BC'er James and its truly a thing of beauty. The classic colour scheme (to my mind) with four-bolt neck and parts dating to 1974 and 1975. Other than a 2cm ding under the lower horn (not visible front on), some fairly-inevitable buckle rash and a bit of surface abrasion in the picking area, its in lovely condition. Has low slick action and is all-original (I fitted a nicer patterned tort guard from Bass_Doc but have the original still; also have teh chrome covers). Weighs 9.3 pounds and comes in a Protection racket semi-hard case. To whet your appetite here are a couple of James' old pics that he sent me when I was in the process of buying. Better ones to follow

I'm after £[s]2,200[/s] £2,100(no trades, sorry) and would prefer London pick-up/handover [s]as I don't currently have a box or packing materials[/s] but can post

[attachment=146293:Jazz1.jpg][attachment=146294:Jazz2.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

Thanks Rick and Loz! Here are some more of James' pics (hope thats OK James?). I can take some in daylight in next couple of days but its dark now

Edit: I originally wrote that it had a 3-bolt neck which was obviously incorrect and also said it was 9.5 pounds, just weighed it and its actually 9.3 pounds- OP fixed

[attachment=146330:P1020320.jpg][attachment=146331:P1020324.jpg][attachment=146332:P1020331.jpg][attachment=146333:P1020337.jpg][attachment=146334:P1020339.jpg][attachment=146335:P1020340.jpg][attachment=146336:P1020341.jpg]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='WishIcouldplay' timestamp='1382108412' post='2248142']
You say you have the original scratch plate.....what colour is that??
[/quote]The one on these pics is the original. To be clear, every pic so far was sent to me by James in May when I was buying the bass

I prefer the more celluloid 60s style tort pattern so had Howard The Bass Doc make one for me. I will put up a picture later today or tomorrow of the bass with that on, taken by me. But all the pics above are the original

Edited by Clarky

Hey Kev, as far as I'm aware its the original finish (its obviously not been left in daylight as the red in the burst has not faded) .. and all original in every respect apart from me swapping the s/p (but the original is still with it).

Yowza, thats some serious pet bill there. Irrespective of any bass stuff, I hope your doggie pal is OK and that you get the payout from the insurance

Edited by Clarky

The bass is 100% original it came with an original case and also had a 77 musicman strap (also mint) which I still have. The guy I got it off was a guitar player so it never got used. Hope this helps
James

Withdrawing from sale. I don't need the money right now, I've had no offers to pick up the bass locally, and its also a pleasure to play and a joy to behold. I may reconsider at a later date but for now, please close this thread mods.