Why become a member? ×

Valenti Bass £750 Withdrawn
£800

richardd

[quote name='Sumatra' timestamp='1385678989' post='2291184']
Hey Rich,

is that a 60s or 70s pickup positioning? I'm not really an expert, but the pictures are all slightly angled and I'm definitely not sure...

thanks!
Luca
[/quote] Hi Luca, Not sure ,but it measures From the Bridge side of the Bridge PU to the Bridge plate 42 mm then another 10mm to the saddles. Hope this helps.Rich

[quote name='Sumatra' timestamp='1385721485' post='2291447']
42 mm from center pole to the bridge edge sounds like 70s.

Maybe some good expert can confirm or provider more detailed evaluation..?
[/quote]
42mm From the edge of the PU not the center of the poles, :)

[quote name='Sumatra' timestamp='1385678989' post='2291184']
Hey Rich,

is that a 60s or 70s pickup positioning? I'm not really an expert, but the pictures are all slightly angled and I'm definitely not sure...

thanks!
Luca
[/quote]
Ok Luca.Just measured pick up's pole to pole= 95mm, :) Check out The Valenti website to see the rest of his Fab Basses :) 2300 USD plus UK import tax :( [url="http://www.valentibasses.com/"]http://www.valentibasses.com/[/url]

Edited by richardd

Than maybe it's 60s positioning. Guess that Nino should anyway be able.to provide full specs basing on serial and a pic.

What about wood combo?

Don't really want to hassle you but I guess that a quick clip may be of help to gather interest and facilitate the sale? :)

Thank you!
Luca

I don't really understand the request for sound clips? There's nothing worse sounding than a bass that's been plugged directly into an interface, recorded and then played back without any form of editing or mixing. The only way to get a 'reasonable' idea of the sound (via the medium of recording) is to have a microphone set up in the same room as the amp & cab, a reasonable distance so that the bass doesn't over load/clip, and then play live. Even then, the quality of the microphone could have a massive impact.

I can vouch for this bass, having had it for over 3/4 years! It was without doubt one of the best sounding, most versatile and comfortable basses I've ever played. As Luke has mentioned many times, it's on par with a Sadowsky NYC. I only moved this on to fund my Alpher Custom Bass :)

At this price, it's a bargain .. why it's being moved on again, I've no idea. But anyone purchasing this bass won't regret it.

I think that direct recording helps a lot to understand how the bass plays :)
I don't like the crude sound of direct input as well, I wouldn't use it then.

I also know that recording is a little pain, I perfectly understand if only few of us rec clips to help selling :)

Cheers
Luca

[quote name='richardd' timestamp='1385739835' post='2291743']
[i]Luca.I am to old to mess with clips and techno stuff,I struggle on here, :D Alder Body think it is a [b]Modera [/b]board ( I think I have spelt that wrong) but if you look on Nino's site and look at his old basses all the spec's are there.Rich :) [/i]
[/quote]
Pau Ferro if I remember correctly

[quote name='Sumatra' timestamp='1386273004' post='2298185']
I think that direct recording helps a lot to understand how the bass plays :)
I don't like the crude sound of direct input as well, I wouldn't use it then.

I also know that recording is a little pain, I perfectly understand if only few of us rec clips to help selling :)

Cheers
Luca
[/quote] IMO recording a bass really doesn't tell you much unless it's compared to other basses you do personally know. Me and Richard and Luke have all owned this bass but I bet if we all sat and recorded it when we owned it it would sound different. Different strings, different interfaces, different set ups and most of all different players. For all we know Richardd might be the two fingered django rienhart of the bass, or he could just about manage an oasis cover....

If you want to listen to things similar.... go listen to youtube clips of sadowsky, then of the slight aggressiveness of an aggy preamp, and then the clarity of nordstand pickups. Quite simply some of the nicest pups I've heard. this may tell you more http://valentibasses6.blogspot.co.uk
Let me put it this way, If I had the money, 5 years later I'ld be reacquainting myself with this bass

Luke,

I'm not saying that the clip will tell you everything of the bass, neither that the result you get with a direct record is nice, it is crude but it is very truthful in my opinion and helps to determine what are the fundamental tonal characteristics of the bass.

but I can be wrong, this is only the impresison that I got up to now :)

thanks
Luca