Why become a member? ×

Valenti Bass £750 Withdrawn
£800

richardd

My [color=#FF0000]Valenti[/color] #42 in CAR Nordstrands Aguilar 1 pre amp.I have owned 4 NYC' in the past and this Bass IMHO excels over them all at a price which makes sense. some of Ninos pic's and a couple of recent ones,just two small ding's.one one the headstock and one near the control plate . also this Bass sounds great in it's passive mode pm for any more info,Thanks for looking.Rich [attachment=146242:luke1.jpg] [attachment=146243:luke3.jpg] [attachment=146244:luke2.jpg] [attachment=146245:dub2.jpg] [attachment=146245:dub2.jpg] [attachment=146246:no42.jpg] [attachment=146247:100_1803.JPG] [attachment=146248:100_1800.JPG] [url="http://www.valentibasses.com/"]http://www.valentibasses.com/[/url]

Edited by richardd

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='AllTheBassP' timestamp='1384382731' post='2276157']
Hi there do you have any sound clips at all , finger style, slap,etc , many thanks paul
[/quote] I'm sure richardd will reply in a bit... I used to own this bass so can give you a wee comparison I did at the time... the closest thing I found to it was a sadowsky US I tried in the shop - I think the will lee model. Soundwise they were both similar, the valenti having a little more sparkle in it, and the sadowsky a fraction more mids (I think) but the sadowsky and aguilar pre's are pretty similar. Passive was where the difference came out - disengage the preamp and the valenti has this brilliant full passive tone. The sadowsky sounded very flat and dull by comparison. My conclusions were that the Valenti was the better instrument in terms of passive tone, I love the pups it's got, but in active mode there's not much between them.
In terms of finish and construction, again not much between them, and both the US Sadowsky and this Valenti IMO were nicer than the Sadowsky metro's.

It's a very very nice modern jazz bass, even across the fretboard, with a lovely tone. I for some reason didn't get on with the narrow radius corners on the body otherwise I would still have it - but for me this and an alembic I tried were a wake up call to how an electric bass can and could play and sound. If I thought Richardd would be interested in a trade of something i've got then I'ld think about having it back off him myself!