Why become a member? ×

Trying out a DB?

jimbobothy

Hi folks,

I've been thinking recently that I wouldn't mind trying out a DB if anyone is willing to let me have a try on theirs? I'm in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire if that helps at all?

If not anyone know of where else I could try one? I'm thinking I'd like to start with classical playing, then move onto other styles. Also can anyone recommend any tutors in my area?

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated and for once I'm quite excited!!

Cheers in advance.

Edited by jimbobothy

When I wanted to try one out I booked a lesson with a local teacher. I figured that way I'd get to have a go, but also learn some of the (very) basics right from the off. There's plenty of teachers in Sheffield if you're ever round this way, don't know about Huddersfield I'm afraid.

+1 Exactly what I did.
After that, I rented one for £30 a month from Thwaites (a bit far from Huddersfield admittedly, but perhaps there are shops that do rentals not too far from you too. Incidentally, Thwaites is a 90min drive from me. It was worth it though as I was able to try out db to see if I was going to like it without a big outlay).

[quote name='AndyBass' timestamp='1381778510' post='2243694']
When I wanted to try one out I booked a lesson with a local teacher. I figured that way I'd get to have a go, but also learn some of the (very) basics right from the off. There's plenty of teachers in Sheffield if you're ever round this way, don't know about Huddersfield I'm afraid.
[/quote]