Why become a member? ×

East-UK pre-amp thread

Bass Wielder

I though I'd start it.
I'll introduce my 'other family'.

ACG Finn Classic singlecut with Armstrong's.
Modulus Q5W fretted with U-Retro and Nordstrand's.
Modulus Q6 fretted with U-Retro and Bartolini's
Modulus Q5 fretless with U-Retro and Bartolini's
Steinberger Synapse with U-retro and EMG.

I also use the BLI unit (to let me know when the batteries are going down), and the STMP-01 Stomp box (with passive basses, double basses or to set up another tone to switch in when needed).

* Feel free to contact me for opinions, experiences and general thoughts on them.*

Who's next???

Edited by mcruiz67

[quote name='mcruiz67' timestamp='1381745775' post='2242995']
I though I'd start it.
I'll introduce my 'other family'.

ACG Finn Classic singlecut with Armstrong's.
Modulus Q5W fretted with U-Retro and Nordstrand's.
Modulus Q6 fretted with U-Retro and Bartolini's
Modulus Q5 fretless with U-Retro and Bartolini's
Steinberger Synapse with U-retro and EMG.

I also use the BLI unit (to let me know when the batteries are going down), and the STMP-01 Stomp box (with passive basses, double basses or to set up another tone to switch in when needed).

* Feel free to contact me for opinions, experiences and general thoughts on them.*

Who's next???
[/quote]

Wow, love your Modulus's or is it Modulii :D .

I gotta Q6, that funnily enough I'm about to fit an East U-retro to replace the Aguilar OBP3. I've been discussing having a custom U-retro made with just the one switch to save drilling another hole.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1381749779' post='2243047']
Wow, love your Modulus's or is it Modulii :D .

I gotta Q6, that funnily enough I'm about to fit an East U-retro to replace the Aguilar OBP3. I've been discussing having a custom U-retro made with just the one switch to save drilling another hole.
[/quote]

Ha! Like that thanks:-)
Re switch: you can have the active/passive on the passive tone pot. Or even on the volume pot I think. Definitely possible.
Or just leave the provided switches in the cavity, switched in way you want . That way if you want to put the pre-amp on another bass or decide I drill, they are there.....

Edited by mcruiz67

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My two Easts

On the right is Annie a Jazz bitsa with J-Retro and Wizard 64's. on the left is Lucie a very modded Squier VM 5 string with a bespoke U-Retro and MPM 01 Piezo which lets you blend them together or not. John was a great help and very patient sorting this one. It has Bespoke Wizard 74 pickups in.

[url="http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/apasher/media/IMG_1439.jpg.html"][/url]

A

Edited by apa

Every bass I have made has an East pre-amp in it. Either one of the East ones or my own filter pre-amps designed and built by John. Even the passive basses have his work in them,he makes up my passive set up as well. So it is fair to say I am a fan of his work.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1393231202' post='2377484']

I like the PJ5. Makes me think about ordering something from them, but I can't see it in their catalog ... I guess they'd do another one ?
[/quote]

Yeah, for sure. They built one for Trevor Barry from the 'Strictly' BBC show and one for me. Speak to the boys, they'll sort it out for you

Edited by woodster

• 7 years later...