Why become a member? ×

Fool for your Loving - Whitesnake - Help

steantval

41 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

I can export from GP as Pdf; there are five instruments in there. Do you want all five, or just the bass..? GP plays them, too; do you want the audio..?

(Guitar Pro is an excellent tool in its own right, and worth its low price...)

Just the bass part would be good. No need for the audio.

Cheers

Dave

Great thread this. We introduced the song into our set some time ago and it's great to play. I have kept it fairly simple whilst trying to retain some of the flavour. I'll take another look at it with download from Dad 3353.

When i was learning this i found the best YouTube video cover was this one.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Perhaps I can end this long-running topic by posting my transcription of what I played on Fool For Your Loving. Bilbo's transcription is pretty good, but having used the software/websites that separate recordings into bass, drums, vocals and 'other', it doesn't give a hifi separation of the bass part (though it's helpful) so is not to be relied upon 100%.

I promise a video will follow - yes I know I've been promising that for years! More likely a play-through rather than a lesson where different sections are explained slowly.

I have never claimed to be a virtuoso that can play 'perfect' lines at 1,000 mph so please look elsewhere for that. I try to play parts that suit the song, according to my own taste, if there is any freedom to do so.

Fool For Your Loving NM tab.pdf

• Like 12
  • Thanks 15

51 minutes ago, neilmurraybass said:

Perhaps I can end this long-running topic by posting my transcription of what I played on Fool For Your Loving. Bilbo's transcription is pretty good, but having used the software/websites that separate recordings into bass, drums, vocals and 'other', it doesn't give a hifi separation of the bass part (though it's helpful) so is not to be relied upon 100%.

I promise a video will follow - yes I know I've been promising that for years! More likely a play-through rather than a lesson where different sections are explained slowly.

I have never claimed to be a virtuoso that can play 'perfect' lines at 1,000 mph so please look elsewhere for that. I try to play parts that suit the song, according to my own taste, if there is any freedom to do so.

Fool For Your Loving NM tab.pdf 462.01 kB · 2 downloads

Brilliant, no excuses now...

1 hour ago, neilmurraybass said:

Fool For Your Loving NM tab.pdf 462.01 kB · 5 downloads

Many thanks Neil. Will have a wee run thru that later today to see how wrong i was all those years ago trying to copy you. 😀

Dave

2 hours ago, neilmurraybass said:

I have never claimed to be a virtuoso that can play 'perfect' lines at 1,000 mph so please look elsewhere for that. 

Fool For Your Loving NM tab.pdf 462.01 kB · 8 downloads

Amen to that. Some players can be too good for their own good. So kind of you to share this with rest of us. Happy new year

47 minutes ago, nilebodgers said:

One of the 3 ultimate bass heros of my youth - Neil Murray, Mars Cowling (sadly deceased) and Glenn Hughes.

Yep i'd rate all 3 up there in top 10 of all time great rock bassists.

I'd forgotten about Mars Cowling. Thanks for reminding me. Got a few Pat Travers albums.

Dave

23 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Yep i'd rate all 3 up there in top 10 of all time great rock bassists.

I'd forgotten about Mars Cowling. Thanks for reminding me. Got a few Pat Travers albums.

Dave

I think that my major achievement since the pandemic started has been to finally learn to play Mars Cowling's bassline on the live album version of Gettin' Betta...! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, neilmurraybass said:

Fool For Your Loving NM tab.pdf 462.01 kB · 28 downloads

Sure you haven’t got a couple lines wrong there?!

Seriously - much obliged and much appreciated big 👍🏾 

12 hours ago, peteb said:

I think that my major achievement since the pandemic started has been to finally learn to play Mars Cowling's bassline on the live album version of Gettin' Betta...! 

Had a listen and very impressive. He does that funk thing quite a lot but its almost his trademark for me.

Dave

Yes, should have posted them here first, but got caught up in trying to post PDF versions on Facebook (very complicated), so I put images instead on my Neil Murray bass guitarist FB page and got on with other things. I will rectify later, and I hope to add more transcriptions in coming weeks.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

5 hours ago, neilmurraybass said:

Yes, should have posted them here first, but got caught up in trying to post PDF versions on Facebook (very complicated), so I put images instead on my Neil Murray bass guitarist FB page and got on with other things. I will rectify later, and I hope to add more transcriptions in coming weeks.

Brilliant Neil. I didn't want to copy them over myself as they aren't mine.

Dave