Why become a member? ×

Hello bass folk...

The Legoheads

Hi all...

I'm Mick... bass player with The Legoheads, a 4-piece indie band located west of Oxford. Used to be a crap guitarist until someone asked if I could play bass for a new band they were starting and in no time at all I became a crap bassist instead.. :)

I'm a bit "all the gear, no idea" hoping that good kit will inspire me to play and practice more which sort of works and justified spending a lot of dosh on my precious Ricenbacker 4003. Also conned the wife into buying me a Noel Gallagher El Dorado guitar strap for Christmas and treated myself to a wireless set for extra posing capability. If only my talent matched my kit.... :huh:

Edited by The Legoheads

[quote]I remember you from before - was that on BassTALK or BassWORLD?[/quote]

Yeah... one or the other... did one shut up shop or summat...? Have been using the US site TalkBass and Ric forums of late but would prefer to use a UK site... Only just found this one a couple of days back...

[quote name='The Legoheads' post='222658' date='Jun 20 2008, 09:17 AM']Yeah... one or the other... did one shut up shop or summat...? Have been using the US site TalkBass and Ric forums of late but would prefer to use a UK site... Only just found this one a couple of days back...[/quote]

Sort of yes - we were 'threatened' by the co-owner of bassworld who I used to run the site with. We took the database and started basstalk when we didn't hear from him for months and months. He suddenly appeared again and we decided the best thing would be to start afresh in our own right, and lo basschat was born.

Cheers
ped