Why become a member? ×

It has been a while!

Captain Bass

Sorry I have not been on here for a while guys!

I am now 100% a solo musician, so after my day job, then in the evening recording and writing till I fall asleep; I don't have much time for anything else.

ANYWAY!

Here are my most recent YouTube uploads from my next full length album - '[b]BLOOD, SWEAT & YEARS[/b]' and I am currently selling ALL my last 3 releases - [b]EOTT[/b], [b]Drum & Bass[/b], [b]LOOM[/b] + 1 Tabliture ALL for only 10 pounds from my website - WWW.ANDYSAXTON.COM

Cheers Guys,
Andy S.

'Aurora'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UyZm459eck

'One Base'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-u9oPEvYs

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1381258320' post='2236658']
I hate tapping and I hate slapping. BUT! and it's a big BUT, these are amazing. Really original and I love all the rhythm changes. Great work! :hi:
[/quote]
Thanks, that means a lot coming from someone with your opinion! I dislike a lot of generic slap and tapping but I try to focus more on the songwriting aspect - with rhythmic displacement playing a large part! HOWEVER a large part of my next album is very much easy listening/relaxing and less techy. :)

[quote name='Thunderpaws' timestamp='1381266649' post='2236825']
Wow! You must have very strong fingers! How do you get taps to sound so authoritative?
[/quote] I have a very low action, I don't hit the bass too hard and I ride my input gain high into my pre amps / compressors. No doubt it would not sound as leveled without my outboard fx.

[quote name='the_skezz' timestamp='1381352514' post='2238114']
Not my thing, in all fairness, but I can't deny your playing is fantastic - I know I couldn't replicate it in a million years. Great work, extremely creative, two thumbs and and a few toes up from me :)
[/quote]

I completely understand that not everyone will enjoy my music, in fact I couldn't listen to an album of bass playing like mine from start to finish! but I do this because I enjoy the process; and I wanna push my ability further and further. Hopefully I can inspire younger aspiring musicians to NOT pick up drums or guitar as their first instrument and give Bass a good go! :-)

Cheers,
Andy

[quote name='Captain Bass' timestamp='1381430148' post='2239088']

Hopefully I can inspire younger aspiring musicians to NOT pick up drums or guitar as their first instrument and give Bass a good go! :-)

Cheers,
Andy
[/quote]

You were definetly one of the people who made me say "I want to be able to do that!" And your videos were the decider for me splashing out on that dirty blonde Warwick!

Welcome back Andy, I love this style of playing altho haven't mastered the 2 hand technique myself. You have a fantastic ability to make it look relatively easy because of your relaxed style. Love the tracks and so bloomin easy to listen to.
Keep us posted of anything new. I like it a lot.
Inspired to try and do better on this technique if nothing else.

Thanks
Dave