Why become a member? ×

Warwick Rockbass Vampyre Price?

discreet

If it's the old-style Rockbass (distinguished by having a 1-piece bridge), then it's overpriced, and £200-250 is probably more like it.

If it's the new-style (with a 2-piece bridge), then it's probably on the high side but basically ok.

Having said that, they're fairly rare, so if you find the right buyer, you might get more money. But either way, I don't think it's going to be worth buying just to flog on.

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1381168219' post='2235329']
Having said that, they're fairly rare, so if you find the right buyer, you might get more money.
But either way, I don't think it's going to be worth buying just to flog on.
[/quote]

Thanks very much for this - that was indeed my thought. I wouldn't want it for myself, [s]obviously[/s]. ;)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1381168335' post='2235336']
Thanks very much for this - that was indeed my thought. I wouldn't want it for myself, [s]obviously[/s]. ;)
[/quote]

Liar liar, pants on fire!! :)[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]Can`t see you with one of these Discreet old chap.[/size]

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1381175392' post='2235492']
[size=4]Can`t see you with one of these Discreet old chap.[/size]
[/quote]

Er no, it's not really me. Just had a half-arsed idea about flipping it, but obviously it isn't an option.
Just have to get the old whelk stall out again at the weekend, that's all.

I once bought a BC Rich Ironbird from my local CC... It was up for about £100 odd, but I was concerned with the bow in the neck. The chap in the shop clearly had no idea about guitars, had a bit of a panic and offered it to me for £40. It turned out he had tuned it comically high - once tuned correctly the neck straightened right out!
Test the waters, see if the chap in your branch knows his stuff - if not, slyly suggest the bass is junk and see what discount you can get. :D