Why become a member? ×

Youtube - Is this message legit ?

far0n

Anyone care to enlighten me ???? Ta !

[i]Hi far0n,

My name is Daz Neal and I am an Internet marketer.

I really love your video and the response that it's generated with your viewers seems to be just fantastic.

I would like to talk to you about a really easy way for you to earn some quick money :)

All you would need to do is post a link in your video description box to a website of mine related to Bass Playing.

It will only take a couple of seconds to do and I'm prepared to pay you well for doing it.

If that sounds like something you might be interested in, just get back to me with a "yes" and we can discuss the really fun stuff :) like payment.... And how much.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Daz Neal[/i]

Maybe, but those details are on every cheque issued and so are hardly secrets.

Sounds like he has a deal somewhere along the line for getting paid for hits to his site. This could just be a way of improving that number of hits. If you can be bothered, could see what the net step entails, you're clearly cautious already so I'd doubt you'd do anything silly.

Sounds fishy to me. Or rather, smells. Whatever.

Honest question: is your video dead good and attracting lots of attention? If so it's probably a 'legit' request by someone wanting to piggyback on your success and boost their own YouTube profile.

If your vid is attracting a modest number of plays, I'd say it's a scam. The tone of the message certainly sounds a little scammy, so you're right to be cautious.

If in doubt - ignore it. That's my mantra ;)