Why become a member? ×

Rackmounting a GK 1001RB

guyl

I've just rackmounted my 1001RB. The fan is on the top, so I've not put anything for 1 rack space above.

I have a half-space wireless unit with rackmounting kit. The kit puts the half unit to one side and would fit above the GK without blocking the fan. However, the kit would blank out the front of the rackspace and would restrict the flow of air around the GK.

Has anyone got any experience of this, or know how temperamental the GK can be about "fresh air"?

[quote name='guyl' post='221031' date='Jun 17 2008, 11:45 PM']I've just rackmounted my 1001RB. The fan is on the top, so I've not put anything for 1 rack space above.

I have a half-space wireless unit with rackmounting kit. The kit puts the half unit to one side and would fit above the GK without blocking the fan. However, the kit would blank out the front of the rackspace and would restrict the flow of air around the GK.

Has anyone got any experience of this, or know how temperamental the GK can be about "fresh air"?[/quote]

I don't rack mount anymore. but I used to do exactly that with an AKG wireless, never had any problems!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='221186' date='Jun 18 2008, 10:19 AM']I gigged with it every week for about 8 months with no problems at all and it never got warm.[/quote]

Homer - I'm glad - it's your old head!

I'm really pleased with it - sounds great in every musical situation (although it suits electric bass better than upright).

You remember that "scratchy" pot? It actually needed replacing and that is a bugger of a job on these heads. I figured I'd better take really good care of it so I don't need to replace any others - hence the flightcase.

Thanks also Russ - it's the AKG that I'll be fitting - sound's like it won't be a problem!