Why become a member? ×

Barefaced 3rd Generation product range upgrades

thebassman

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1379936652' post='2218367']
Just updated this bit, hopefully it answers the above questions: [url="http://barefacedbass.com/which-barefaced.htm"]http://barefacedbass...h-barefaced.htm[/url]
[/quote]

Kind of get the impression you've been excited and wanting to say stuff for a while.

Edit: Hre's what I'm after:

[quote]
[b] '69er update and a sister 2x15"[/b]

The '69er has thus been updated to Generation Three spec and we've created a sister cab for this old yet new sealed 6x1[b]0,[/b][u][b] a ported 2x15"[/b][/u] the exact same size and shape for those who want a less bright, more thunderous and even louder old school sound
[/quote]

Not instead of my 2 Super 15s, in addition to. Doom.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1379936714' post='2218368']
Haven't had a chance to read that yet. Any news about the handles ...
[/quote]

Hi jack

In Alex's new hardware spec, they have new uprated handles and feet on the smaller cabs, recessed handles on the big cabs, amongst other stuff.

Cheers

Thebassman

Edited by thebassman

[quote name='jmchich' timestamp='1379943509' post='2218495']So is the new ported 2x15 a replacement for the dubster? Was considering a dubster when I have some money, very sad if it's gone.[/quote]

The Big Twin 2 effectively replaces the Dubster. As it stands no Dubster owners have used powerful enough amps to take their cab beyond the Big Twin 2's max LF SPL capabilities, plus the Big Twin 2 goes lower, is far more tonally versatile, smaller and possibly lighter too.

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1379946869' post='2218546']
The Big Twin 2 effectively replaces the Dubster. As it stands no Dubster owners have used powerful enough amps to take their cab beyond the Big Twin 2's max LF SPL capabilities, plus the Big Twin 2 goes lower, is far more tonally versatile, smaller and possibly lighter too.
[/quote]

Excellent, now I know :)

I needed an extra cab to go with my old Big One and after some discussion with Alex he recommended the new Big Baby 2.

The good news is that this was a few months ago and I should be taking delivery of the new cab sometime pretty soon :D

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' timestamp='1379939014' post='2218418']
Did anyone grab any snaps of the cabs from the bass bash?

Mr Foxen, That sounds mental! Brilliant!!
[/quote]

I was too busy at the show to take snaps, but I did get these of the pre-production/unfinished Big Twin 2:

I think you can daisy chain them - if you have enough Uranium!!

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' timestamp='1379939014' post='2218418']
Did anyone grab any snaps of the cabs from the bass bash?

Mr Foxen, That sounds mental! Brilliant!!
[/quote]

I was too busy at the show to take snaps, but I did get these of the pre-production/unfinished Big Twin 2:

I think you can daisy chain them - if you have enough Uranium!!

I like the recessed Tweeter/Speakons panel. It's a bit of a faff to get at the one hidden inside the port of my S12T

I haven't spotted the question yet, but are the new drivers available as an upgrade to existing cabs, or is there a change in the bracing/tuning arrangements that makes this unworkable?

Edited by davehux

[quote name='davehux' timestamp='1380029708' post='2219763']
I like the recessed Tweeter/Speakons panel. It's a bit of a faff to get at the one hidden inside the port of my S12T

I haven't spotted the question yet, but are the new drivers available as an upgrade to existing cabs, or is there a change in the bracing/tuning arrangements that makes this unworkable?
[/quote]

Looks like he new cabs have different sizes to the old models so the new drivers won't be an upgrade... Alex should pop in soon with more info ;)

I asked Alex that very question yesterday.
The answer is no. You can only get them with a new Cab unfortunately.

But as the Gen2 cabs were designed around the drivers they have in them, not the new ones, it might not be an optimum replacement anyway...

It's always very easy to think that what you have is inferior when a company releases a new model. My Super 12 is still by far and away the best cab I've had. And it IS still a fantastic product. The only reason I'd have to change to a new one is for a little more LF sensitivity so I can run my amp flat. It's not really enough of a reason to upgrade IMO. These things are not like iPhones, they are built to last!