Why become a member? ×

Barefaced 3rd Generation product range upgrades

thebassman

Hi guys

Just noticed the barefaced Facebook post regarding the new 3rd generation product range upgrades.
New updated drivers and hardware upgraded.
Looks very good, have a read:

http://barefacedbass.com/technical-information/12XN550.htm

Not too sure whether this is now live or coming soon.

Cheers

Thebassman

Edited by thebassman

I guess they've taken the opportunity to redesign the cabs around the new driver. From the recent peek at the internal bracing structure, I think we effectively have completely updated products that will retain the old names where appropriate. Be interesting to see (hear) the difference between generation 2 and generation 3 equivalents.

The good news for me is that there is now a useable 112.

I had the chance to hear the new 112 and it sounds very good, although I didn't get the chance to try it with my amp. In talking it through with Alex I could be looking at changing my 3 AE112 cabs for 2 BF112's. Watch this space.

Redesigns of product ranges happen all the time. Jim Bergantino is a case in point. That doesn't make previous products redundant. All BF cabs sound great right back to the original Big One.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1379927197' post='2218201']
The good news for me is that there is now a useable 112.

I had the chance to hear the new 112 and it sounds very good, although I didn't get the chance to try it with my amp. In talking it through with Alex I could be looking at changing my 3 AE112 cabs for 2 BF112's. Watch this space.

Redesigns of product ranges happen all the time. Jim Bergantino is a case in point. That doesn't make previous products redundant. All BF cabs sound great right back to the original Big One.
[/quote]

Do you think that x2 Super Midgets is better than a Super Midget + Super Compact rig? I was under the impression that the Midget/Compact rig would make a nice match, being made with the same driver but with a tweeter on the midget for HF response and a bigger box on the Compact for more low end.

I'm also interested in seeing if i should move on my Super12T and get a 3G Barefaced cab(s). :)

How do your bass bashes work? Doesn't anybody takes a video recorder (we do it here, it's mandatory, lol)? We demand to see some videos!!!

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1379927197' post='2218201']
[/quote]

True, but sound is a matter of taste. I'm very open to hearing and seeing what the new 3rd Gen cabs are like.

I'm just uploading some info about how this came about - it's been a very long and difficult road!

Incidentally, is anyone getting strftime warnings when they go on our site? Our suspected hack last week was a server migration which didn't go right (not my fault, I have no clue with this stuff!) and I think we've lost a config setting which is causing this error. I'm trying to fix this myself whilst awaiting my webmaster's advice...

Ghost,

For me the original Midget was too small and didn't produce enough full, rounded bass tone on its own. The new 112 (Super Compact?) looks like it has plugged that hole in the BF range. I've been very happy with my Bergantino AE112's for over 5 years now, but Alex's new 112's are the first serious competition. I'm watching with a lot of interest.

Alex had the new Midget at the bass bash but I didn't get to hear it.

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1379926895' post='2218198']
I understand there was a Big Twin 2 at the SE bash?
[/quote]

Yes there was, and with the measely 500w on tap from my sa450 it managed to pretty much empty the hall, as no one else could hear what they were doing at all, and URB and I got rather over excitred by the sheer power of this full functional [s]death star[/s] [s]earthquake machine[/s] [s]trouser leg drying device[/s] uber cab. Deep filter sweeps it can handle, slappity tappity nonsense it can handle, walls of distortion, it can handle, befuddled fat old geezer having a mad stab at his bass on mega war volume, it can handle - apologies to everyone who had to hear me (reckon they could hear it as far away as Dartford)!

Apparently its rated to 1600w, it definitely goes deeper and far louder than anything else I've played since I borrowed the original Big One for a bit way back when - its much much more efficient than that cab was though, the tweeter is amazing too. Really really impressive. I would say there was no drummer, and no pair of rock guitarists in the land who wouldnt s*** themselves on hearing it. Fear the bassist with one of these beauties ya b*****ds!

When Billy Apple ran it off his Matamp 200w head with the Big Baby as well it was utterly earth shaking too, sounded immense! Still grinning about it now :D

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1379930386' post='2218253']

Yes there was, and with the measely 500w on tap from my sa450 it managed to pretty much empty the hall, as no one else could hear what they were doing at all, and URB and I got rather over excitred by the sheer power of this full functional [s]death star[/s] [s]earthquake machine[/s] [s]trouser leg drying device[/s] uber cab. Deep filter sweeps it can handle, slappity tappity nonsense it can handle, walls of distortion, it can handle, befuddled fat old geezer having a mad stab at his bass on mega war volume, it can handle - apologies to everyone who had to hear me (reckon they could hear it as far away as Dartford)!

Apparently its rated to 1600w, it definitely goes deeper and far louder than anything else I've played since I borrowed the original Big One for a bit way back when - its much much more efficient than that cab was though, the tweeter is amazing too. Really really impressive. I would say there was no drummer, and no pair of rock guitarists in the land who wouldnt s*** themselves on hearing it. Fear the bassist with one of these beauties ya b*****ds!

When Billy Apple ran it off his Matamp 200w head with the Big Baby as well it was utterly earth shaking too, sounded immense! Still grinning about it now :D
[/quote]
Reading this makes me a very very happy man!!! :D

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1379930251' post='2218249']
Ghost,

For me the original Midget was too small and didn't produce enough full, rounded bass tone on its own. The new 112 (Super Compact?) looks like it has plugged that hole in the BF range. I've been very happy with my Bergantino AE112's for over 5 years now, but Alex's new 112's are the first serious competition. I'm watching with a lot of interest.

Alex had the new Midget at the bass bash but I didn't get to hear it.
[/quote]

Ah! So the x2 112 BF rig you're talking about is a double Super Compact rig? Won't you miss the lack of a tweeter?

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1379934342' post='2218321']
Can you add a tweeter to the Super Compact?
[/quote]

That would be nice but i think it would simply take the Super Midget out of the market. I'm guessing that Alex has design them to run together just like the older Compact/Midget rig. They share the same width and side porting so they won't look so akward when placing one on top of the other as the old models.

it's typical isn't it, no sooner do i get my money together and buy myself a pair of Barefaced midgets (the last cabs that i'm ever likely to have permission to buy) then Alex re-invents thew whole cab market and launches an even more impressive range. it's sod's law at work!

i must say though that i'm incredibly impressed with the midget stack that i've got and a quick look at the specs of the new super cabs shows me that while the new cabs will probably be even more impressive, they won't fit on the shelf that i have been allocated for bass cab storage so i wouldn't be able to buy the new ones anyway! :) :rolleyes: :)

Matt