Why become a member? ×

Basses owned ( is one you want amongst these? )

Paul_C

Gosh, some (err most) of this hurts, I have let a few classics go....

Very bad Avon EBO short scale Gibosn copy (with a Gibson Decal) sold to buy the Hondo

Hondo 4001 copy, gave it away when I got the next

1975 Black Jazz bass sold coz everyone was saying 3 bolt necks, a bit heavy, a bit naff. God wish I'd kept that

Rickenbacker Jetglow 4000, sold for £250 about 1985...WHY!!!!!

My fav (well the best memories, sound etc) Fender , Squier Jazz (2nd lot not the Fender by but Squier by) Black had a Badass and Seymour Duncan Classic pick-ups fitted. Gave up music (for love!!!) gave it to the 2nd guitar player so he could cover up and coming gigs and never got it back. Just Kill me now!!!

Now Frankenstein Jazz, bit and pieces 80's jazz neck and kit parts

Crafter acoustic bass

Tokai P bass

Latest addition Squier fretless, all current.

Not to mention amps, Marshall bass 100 and 4x12, a 200 watt Major and 4x15 cab, a tranny Marshall 100 and 2 x 2x12s, Fender 135 Bassman and 2 x15 and a H/H bass machine and 8x10 :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: I must have been mad, this bit should be some where else but my emotions were running..Sorry :)

Can't touch the above, but heregoes........

Avon EBO copy - (snap Darcy)
Pile of poo but got me on the road to bassdom. Thinking back it actually worked quite well in the Joy Division cover band I joined. Amazingly I used a Vox AC30 - what distortion!

Fender Jap JV 57 P Bass -
This was lovely. The band hated it. Kept it for about 6 years - before pxing it for a 'proper' US Jazz. Yes I was a tool...

Westone Thunder 3 Fretless -
Had to buy one of these after watching Henrey 'Thumb' on Rockschool. Wish I'd had the talent to play it.

Fender Jazz 1982 -
One of those with the 1 piece scratch plate. Had the fairly uncommon sienna red colour. Px'd this for a .......

Musicman Stingray 1990 -
I'd gassed after one of these for a few years. Loved it, played many, many gigs with it before parting with it last year.

Stagg 300FL Fretless -
Well we all make mistakes! Decided to pick this up cheap to see if I wanted to re-enter the world of fretless - kept it for 3 weeks...

Warwick Corvette Active 1995 -
Liked this, the band thought the top horn looked like a D**do so after being the brunt of D*ck jokes for about a year I decided to sell this and buy a...

Warwick Thumb 1996 -
Less D*ck, but still the nice Warwick sound - still have this one

Musicman Sterling 1994 -
Well the Musicman 'Ray turned into a Sterling - still not sure whether that was a good change but I love the neck.

Fender/Status Jazz Bastard Fretless -
Hybrid MIM Jazz with a Status unlined Fretless neck.

Well thats it. Not long to list but my rough calculation is that I must have spent more than enough considering my limited talent over the years. Still - had fun doing it (and still do).

Edited by martthebass

I've had an epiphone EB0
epiphone thunderbird
MIM Fender Jazz x 2
warwick rockbass streamer
all of the above i've had to sell at one point or another for various financial reasons the only bass i have left at the moment is my Maverick B1.

1964 Höfner Artist [size=1]*[/size]
'70s Columbus Jazz copy [size=1](nicked from me by a supposed friend)[/size]
Wal Pro II-E [size=1]*[/size]
Jaydee Roadie 1 f/less [size=1]*[/size]
Squier HM-5
Maison 5-string [size=1]#[/size]
Tobias Pro 6
Squier Jazz [size=1]*[/size]
Yamaha RBX765A (defretted by Jon Shuker) [size=1]*[/size]
Status S1 5-string [size=1]*[/size]
Wolf 6-string f/less
Ibanez BTB406QM [size=1]*[/size]
Shuker custom J5 [size=1]*[/size]
SX Jazzebel project [size=1]#[/size]
Overwater Skool Base project [size=1]#[/size]

[size=1]* still got[/size]
[size=1]# still got, but in bits[/size]

Currently Owned:

2003-2004 USA Fender Jazz Standard 4
1998-1999 USA Fender Jazz Deluxe 4
Shuker Electric Upright 4
OLP ThingRay 4
Fender Bronco 4 (piccolo)
Encore/'Project' Fretless 4

Previously Owned:

Warwick Corvette $$ 4
Bass Collection 355 Fretted 5
Bass Collection 355 Fretless 5
Crafter Acoustic BA400 4
Yamaha RBX260 4

Si

Edited by Sibob

Current: (As of yesterday)

Warwick Double $$ Corvette 4 String (Modded)
Vintage V950 5 String No.1 (Kept in a hardcase in the corner!)

Past:
1. Encore P-Bass
2. Stagg Warlock Copy
3. Yamaha RBX-170
4. Dean Edge 1
5. Squire P-Bass Modded
6. Vintage V940 Fl
7. Spector Pro-4
8. Dean Egde 6 String
9. Vintage V950 5 String No.2
10. Spector Euro 4 String
11. Fender USA JAzz Deluxe 4 String

My stable is very modest by the standards and calibre of the above, but it seems to be popular so here it is....

Current.
1. Fender 40th ann P bass Quilted maple top.
2. PRS EB IV swamp ash, maple/maple neck
3. PRS EB IV Alder and Maple body , maple/rosewood neck
4. Better make that another PRS EB IV Alder body Flame maple 10 top w. Maple/Rosewood neck (just ordered from US!)
5. Hohner B2b 4 string.

Moved out to be loved elsewhere

1, Yamaha RBX170
2. Ovation Clebrity CC074

[quote name='The Burpster' post='24107' date='Jun 27 2007, 07:16 PM']Chris.....
Would it suffice to say you have owned most of Fender at some point?

:huh:[/quote]

LOL :huh:

Right, deep breath

I order from first in to last in....

4s
Westone Thunder II (didn't everyone start on one?)
Fender '96 USA Jazz (first Fender was a bad 'un. How did it get past Fender QC? Sounded like it was made of tin)
Fender Japan Precision (should never have sold it. Everything they said about Jap Fenders was true. Lovely bass)
Fender Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Precision (first active Fender, sounded and looked too 'nice'. Lovely ebony fretboard)
Fender Custom Shop Classic Jazz (looked awesome, sounded too bright. Started to get message re. Fender active electronics)
Fender Custom Shop Jaco Relic (waste of money, I still didn't sound like Jaco, lots of hum, green finish. Was his bass green?)
Squire Precision fretless (sounded and felt almost as good as the Jaco at 5% of the price)
EBMM Stingray 4 2EQ (the best active bass I've owned)
EBMM Stingray 4 3EQ (not as good as the 2EQ)
EBMM SUB 4 (amazing value bass, sound-wise indistinguishable from a 'ray. Built like a Russian shotputter)
EBMM Stingray 4 fretless (finally realised I need frets)
Modulus Sonic Hammer (a monster, too dangerous to have around, kept drinking my beer and shagging my birds)

5s
EBMM Stingray 5 (how did EBMM have the nerve to call it a Stingray? Bland and safe. Poor EQ)
EBMM SUB 5 (looked and sounded like a 'ray, EBMM should have made this the SR5, the SR5 should have been the Sterling 5)
Status Artist 5 (great bass but very acquired taste tone-wise. I didn't acquire it. Amazing neck)
EBMM Bongo 5 (great bass, couldn't take the shape. 4EQ was unnecessary and didn't cut it, especially high mid)

6....!
Peavey Grind 6 (lovely bass, really lovely tone, too many strings)

Back to 4s
Shergold '76 Marathon* (current project bass. Neck like a Precision and sounds like a Stingray. Mojo city)
Black Rose Custom 4 (great great sounding bass but neck too thin and body too small)
Tokai Jazzsound early '80s (possibly didn't give this baby enough time, growly and sexy)
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz (can't see what the fuss is about, skinny neck, weedy sound, looks plastic)
Fender '79 USA Precision (Danni - wow, the best neck ever, would have kept, but met Kylie)
Fender USA Precision Deluxe (the worst active electronics I've played. Mediocre bass at best. Deluxe?)
Fender '97 USA Precision with JPUP (Kylie)* (my favourite bass ever)
Fender '99 USA Jazz Corona Series* (best Jazz I've owned, slaps like a 'ray on steroids, growls like a grizzly)
Modulus Flea 4 (awesome bass but mostly had sounds I didn't need, now gone to someone who will love it)

* still have

After all that, my two current basses cost me a grand total of £850 :)
Chris

Edited by Beedster

Wow.. Looking at this thread, there's so much gear and so much knowledge. I wish we had some sort of Harmony Central style review system. You could punch in the brand, model, price and then have number ratings in: - tone, playability etcetera.. with more detailed information if desired. You could have the reviewer's handle on the left like on a regular post so that readers could PM and ask questions

Theoretically, this could be done on the review forum, but there isn't really enough infrastructure for consistency or for enticing people to post reviews of previously owned instruments.

Anyway, it's just the dream, I don't think it's feasible with the BC forum interface.

I'll join in

After playing guitar for 13 years, i picked up a bass after being asked to play in a band with my then boss and "borrowed" my dad's Epi EB0 (he's a guitar player too, but played bass occassionally). I'm a big lad and shortscale was no good for me. Plus it got a bit weedy in the upper ranges.
I acquired an Epiphone Embassy or something, don't think I ever actually played it so I gave it back.
Sold the EB0 (not sure i ever got round to telling the auld fella!!) and took a punt on a badly listed Jap Fender Precision, expecting it to be CIJ for the money. When it turned up I was amazed to discover it was early 80s E serial and probably worth a little bit more than I paid for it.
Got into a nasty habit of breaking strings live so decided I needed a backup. Found a cheap MIM Jazz that had been a bit beglected, cleaned it up, new bridge and a set up, but never got on with the sound - played nicely although I suspect that it had crap strings on it as well (cheapo rotos) - so that went
With the Jazz proceeds, I bought my second choice after coming to the conclusion i couldn't afford a 'ray - a black on black with maple USA Precision. It was (is) only really a couple of years old and looked like new. Astonished at how pony the Fender cases are and how pointless the S1 switch is, but the rounded edges on the fingerboard make it so much easy to play the the MIJ one and it's got the most monstrous sound.
Then after buying a new rig on the drip from PMT following a suspected amp failure, it turned out that my suspicion was wrong and I sold the old rig and put the money to the bass which had always done it for me aesthetically - black on black 3EQ stingray 4 with maple. I found it on USA ebay, asked the bloke if he'd ship and made him a cheeky offer. I was astonished at how much more versatile the Stingray was over the P - I've not the bass playing experience of some of youse (although I could tell you a thing or two about 6 stringers probably......maybe), but it took an awful lot of getting used to. Needless to say, I am very pleased I have it.

I currently have a Crafter elecrto acoustic fretless 4 on "loan" from the auld fella which has got me into fretless and i've recently parted company with my 1963 vox clubman shortscale (it was never playable from the day i bought it ten years ago - it was mostly original but was missing a couple of vital parts, like tuners, to make it work).

I've been through more guitars and probably still will although currently, I'm pretty happy with my lot. A fretless 4, a Les Paul and some kind of very good quality elecrto acoustic guitar should do me though!

I'll join in...
Unlike practically everyone I've owned very few basses, tho' been playing since 1977. (alright, long gap from 1988 to 2006). Always tended to like a bass, gig it to death and then sell it and buy another... So, first in last out

Hayman 40/40 sunburst bought in 1977 had the sort of action you could drive a 747 under
Shergold Marathon black 1977
74 Fender Jazz bought in 1979 ( got £250 for it, why oh why did I ever sell this for an...)

Aria Pro 2 1981 2 pick ups, great neck, with hindsight nothing like the bottom end or flexibility of the Jazz

Now Geddy Lee jazz with John East pre. Still want an original Jazz

Edited by Chop

It's all in the sig, but here's some back story:

Epiphone EB-3: Mahogany, cherry red, I still find it breathtakingly beautiful to this day. It's not the easiest of basses to play, being a little neck heavy but it was my first bass and as such I am unlikely to ever get rid of it. Was noodling about on it last night, come to think of it. My mud generator. Not much tonal variety. Thick mud, slightly thinner mud or a glorious gooey mix of the two :)

Squier Jazz: Blue, shiny. I won't claim that it's Lake Placid Blue, but it does seem to change shade in different lights. I bought this fully with the intention of butchering it for parts for a project, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. It's got Bartolini pups and a preamp. The perfect antidote when you've had too much mud :huh:

AXL Player Deluxe: Perspex, transparent. Bought on a whim more for comedy value than anything else. Heavy. Sustain? Oh yes. You can pluck a note, go make a cup of tea and it's probably still audible. Ok, I exaggerate, but it does have a hell of a ring to it. Currently out of commission as I had to steal the pickup mounting screws for my first project build. Got screws/springs now, will get it back on its feet soon.

Project 1: French polished, natural. "I need a new hobby", I thought. So I snagged a neck and body from eBay and took it from there. The body is P-like, but the top horn is extended a couple of frets and the bottom horn curves away from the neck. Mighty Mite Precision neck. Neck pup is a Seymour Duncan SMB-4a (Stingray style) and the bridge is a Seymour Duncan SJB-3b Quarter-pound. Artec SE-2 2EQ active circuit. Hipshot bridge. Through body stringing or top load. Schaller BMFL machine heads. Lovely range of sounds. I decided that I hate French polishing.

Project 2: Alder, (eventually will be) custom painted and lacquered. A Squier Bullet body, mated to a Mighty Mite ebonal fretless Precision neck. EMG-P active pup. Currently at the removing old finish stage. Will likely stick a Badass II on it and probably Schallers again. My sister will be decorating the bass. The design will be reprised on the headstock.

[quote name='ARGH' post='23634' date='Jun 26 2007, 05:03 PM']Hey cetera,when did you flog the destroyer? was it an old model from the 80s?[/quote]

Wow, it must be 15 years ago now.... I traded it in again a Bass Collection SB301 at the time....

Yep, it was an old 80's model with cream coloured P/J pickups...

here's the list, I'm not going to describe them because no-one's really interested. GTKY threads, gotta love em.

Aria VAB-something vanguard series PJ-bass
Cort Action 5
Ibanez SRX505
Ibanez SRX500
MIM Jazz, dimarzio pickups (now my only bass)
Warwick Fortress One 5-string
Ibanez '76 PJ copy
FrankenFender vintage P-bass

Not too bad for ~7 years, and I'm settled on the jazz now. Sounds and plays great. I'm not buying any more basses.

[i]oooh...here goes.....from memory and in vaguely chronological order:[/i]

Hondo (I think) Tele Bass copy

Aria Pro II ZZB (black with red lightning bolt graphic!)

Jap Fender Precision (professional refinished in metallic purple with matching headstock...very nice)

Ibanez Rickenfaker Fireglo

Bass Collection SB301

Fender Std Precision

Goodfellow kinda rumour thing (Serial No: 001 - put together on Bernie's living room floor apparently! - worst thing I did selling this!)

Jaydee Supernatural

G&L L2000 Natural

Fender Jazz (Still got)

Tanglewood 6 String Bass

Goodfellow Spitfire Prototype

Fender Precision Special Deluxe (Still got)

Rickenbacker/Stingray/Jazz hybrid (Ric bodyshape, MM pickup/pickguard, Jazz neck!)

Yamaha Attitude Ltd Special (Still got)

Yamaha Attitude Ltd 1 (Still got)

Ibanez SB900 LE (Still got)

[i]and probably one or two others i've forgotten about.....hmmmm...not too many really....maybe i should buy more?! [/i]

peace

c

Lesse.....
[b]Dark Ages (gas bass)[/b]

Zenta POS P bass copy - which had 3 strings 'cos I spent the money on a fancy strap :)

CMI P bass copy - I thought this was mine but apparently not

Avon EB3 copy - for those Andy Fraser moments

Hofner Violin Bass - Why did I sell this (bought it for £50, sold for same)

[b]Rising Sun (eastwards...)[/b]

Ibanez Roadster - great neck. sounded great with Dean Markleys

Aria TSB550 - Natural Ash through neck with tapped humbucker 32" scale. I had Jimmy Moon defret this and put a brass slap plate in- another escapee.

Aria SB500 Deluxe - twin PU - red metal flake and gold hardware - flash- had a preamp fitted -traded it in for see next bass

Fender Precision 89-90, or there abouts - Pewter- it was horrible, traded in for see next bass

Ibanez SGR700 - pencil neck with actives - nice small body - shiny black

Ibanez SGR1300PM - veritable coffee table with paduak sandwiched body, wenge fingerboard, AFR active PUs and pre - I sold that too- doh !

20th Anniversary EB Stingray - this was the one OK - slab top with figured maple - custom HB - 3 way eq- sold it when I left my last band - in fact sold it to my replacement :huh:

Ibanez SR Prestige 1000EFM - good sound-skinny neck- USA Barts and EQ

[quote name='3V17C' post='24456' date='Jun 28 2007, 02:58 PM'][i]oooh...here goes.....from memory and in vaguely chronological order:[/i]
Goodfellow kinda rumour thing (Serial No: 001 - put together on Bernie's living room floor apparently! - worst thing I did selling this!)

c[/quote]

That's amazing - I'm sure that I saw that same Goodfellow for sale in 1993 in the City Road pawn shop in Angel, London..Nearly bought it myself because of the 001 serial number! :)
Nice bass and quite unique..

Some lovely contributions here particularly from Argh, who has definitely missed his vocation as a writer.

Beedster, the more I think about it the more I think I'm going to have to kill you for letting that Black Rose go!

I started on upright bass, which was so totally uncool that I dreamed and schemed at every opportunity until I finally persuaded my old man to buy me a bass guitar, a Hofner Senator. Violin Basses being the first choice but an unfeasible 25 quid. Then, it cost 15 quid and all worked, despite some rather dodgy-looking cracks in the finish around the (achilles) heel of the neck join. Now, probably worth 4-500 quid on Ebay. Then, sold to a school chum for 15 quid, to be replaced by ...

A Vox Wyman. Possibly the worst heap of [Fly a Kite] masquerading as a bass guitar that has ever been produced. Why it had both Vox and Wyman on the headstock I cannot imagine. Short scale, neck width that makes a Jazz neck look like Beth Ditto, weighed more than my mate's marble-bodied special due to the 3mm chrome steel pickguard. Now probably worth a minimum of £750 on ebay - it was immaculate. Sold for £15 quid and good riddance to bad rubbish. Replaced by:

A Futurama (Hagspiel) Coronado IV . Fiesta red, all rocker switches and chrome finger rests. Played like a dream. Amps of the time prevent me from knowing what it really sounded like, but I wish with all my heart that I still had it. Probably the only instrument I've ever parted with that I wish I still had. Oh well. Back to the upright bass until:

A Columbus Jazz Copy. Ho hum. Replaced by:

An almost new Yamaha BB800 . This was the early 80's when Yamaha were really trying to make their mark and it showed. A totally quality piece of kit which I still have and use, my go-to bass, the one I fall back on when the going gets tough. New amp technology allows this one to really shine through. I can't imagine being without this bass and it will be the last one to go. The case deserves a mention too, it was across the back
seats of my car when i got T-boned. The car folded up around the bass case and was written off. The bass was still in tune when i took it out of the case, fearing the worst.

Augmented by: an Aria Pro II RSB Special fretless. What to do: the neck is so flawless, the body so light, the completely un-choppable pickup
so naff and gutless. I still have this, but a decent fretless is next on the list.

And then a lull of several years, while I indulged myself in all means of other bizarre instruments with 6, 8, 12 strings, reeds, the whole bit. and then:

Fender CIJ not-for-export precision, from Far East Guitars. Natural finish, with a maple board and a jazz neck. The "I always wanted one of these, and now I'm going to have one" bass. It is flawless, sounds wonderful, and is so shiny that I can't imagine gigging it, but a delight to play.

Shine 6-string. A failed experiment. ERB is not for me and playing it as a normal bass but across-not-down didn't work either. Replaced by:

OLP MM3 . The famous Mother of Toilet Seat otherwise all Black, owned by several bassworlders before it came my way. Smashing bass but I can't
really get on with 5 strings, so make me an offer.

Jim Reed jazz. Bought cheap from a guy in Ipswich via the bay. The gap between the neck and the neck pocket is one of the three man-made items visible from space, along with the Great Wall of China and the panel fit on a Range Rover Classic. Despite that surprisingly OK to play
and good growly Kent Armstrongs. The kids have this so that they dont' have to upset me by asking to borrow the Precision.

And, a continually growing heap of Jazz bits which may one day form project Swirly and allow me to get that "must build a bass" vibe out
of my system. Watch this space, or maybe the 'build' forum.

Wanted: a Black Rose. Waaaah!!!

Past
-----
[b]Satellite short scale [/b]- awful
[b]Cimar P Copy [/b] - my first proper bass in 1983 (I think these were made by Ibanez)
[b]Marlin Sidewinder [/b]- terrible
[b]No name Ricky copy [/b]- dont recall anything about this other than it was blue
[b]Westone Thunder III[/b] - thru neck,served me well.I liked this 'un
[b]Hohner Sabre/Stingray copy [/b]- looked good in metallic teal with twin hums but sounded nondescript..
[b]Pre EBMM Stingray [/b]- Owned this one 8 years,was a '79 in black with maple neck,a sore one to think about now
[b]Hohner J fretless [/b]- nothing to see here
[b]Aria 5 string fretless [/b]- looked great didnt sound or feel so good
[b]Hohner Jack bass 4 [/b]- walnut finish,I quite liked this one
[b]Hohner Jack bass 5 [/b]- another 5 that didnt work out
[b]Tune Bass Maniac [/b]- great player,was bubblegum pink though
[b]Fender Japan Jazz fretless [/b]- better fretless than the Hohner...
[b]EBMM Sabre fretless[/b]...the best fretless I owned.but I realised my f/less skills didnt warrant it
[b]Warwick Streamer Stage I[/b] - took this in a straight swap for my pre EB stingray.At the time it felt a win win deal for me.my bass buying habits since say otherwise
[b]Warwick Corvette Std[/b]..feeling warwick love at the time.this was a good bass.sold it cheap to a m8 who was skint and just joined a band
[b]Ibanez Soundgear 6 string [/b]- neck was just silly wide.No notion for a 6 ever since
[b]EBMM Sterling [/b]- sunburst/rosewood..old style bridge,neck to die for,regret letting it go
[b]G&L L2000 [/b]- sunburst 93 light as a feather,cracking sound and playability.sold when skint
[b]Fender USA Precision [/b](bought new in 2000)- trans white blonde...sold it to the bass player from Eagles tribute band Talon
[b]Warwick Streamer Standard 5 string[/b]..I didnt like this bass at all.carolena looked like stripped pine..yuck!
[b]EBMM Stingray 5 [/b]- (bought new in 2001)teal with rosewood... another great bass,but one string too many,persevered with this one as my only bass for 5 years though
[b]EBMM Stingray 2EQ [/b]- teal again,this time with maple board,loved the sound of this bass so much,sold to fund car repair,half the money got me a....
[b]EBMM SUB [/b]- Teal yet again..I cant stomach this colour now...still this was a cracking bass and sounded at least as good as the SR4 it replaced
[b]Status Energy [/b]- graphite necked,I liked and disliked this bass in equal measures
[b]Status Groove [/b]- sunburst,nice,sold it to BWer when I got my Sterling this year
[b]Fender USA Jazz V[/b] - No more 5's after this(well not floppy ones like this Fender)
[b]EBMM Bongo 4HS [/b]- rare white one,loved the sound of it,didnt get on with the looks or the lack of space between the neck single p/up and the edge of the board
[b]G&L Asat semi-hollow[/b] - cherryburst with f-hole,great bass,just felt that 2 Asats was 1 too many
[b]G&L Tribute L-2000 [/b]- premium natural ash version with maple board.earlier Korean example. I liked this bass every bit as much as my USA ones but sold it on to another basschatter

Current
---------
[b]EBMM Sterling H -[/b] one of the few basses I've bought brand new,candy red with maple neck,Sterlings are the mutts nuts,nothing about it at all I can find fault with.now has rosewood board neck from the other sterling I own.sounds tighter than its stablemate.
[b]G&L ASAT Bass [/b]- metallic gold with edge binding,bought from a BWer this year,I have a mega soft spot for this bass,it just oozes vibe and sounds great.
[b]Spector NS5CRFM [/b]- had to try another 5 so I traded my Asat semi hollow for this bass - 35" scale length means I can hear the low notes. beautiful bass.solid highly flamed maple wings. natural oil finish - hope this one stays.
[b]EBMM Sterling H[/b] - White sparkle.this one is lighter than my other Sterling,sounds more open too,suits the all maple neck better
[b]G&L SB-2 [/b]- emerald blue with G&L custom birdseye maple/ebony neck. I love this bass for its passive growl and amazing neck
[b]G&L L-1500 [/b]- this and the SB-2 were bought on basschat. the clear forest green finish looks great over ash. heavy bugger but the trade off is that its got a deep clear tone with loads of snap.
[b]Spector Euro 5 [/b]- same solid maple wings (quilt this time)as my other Spector but this one is high polish see thru green. same tonepump circuit but this one sounds brighter. not sure if its a Euro or NS5 CRFM. earlier serial than the other so I guess it must be a CRFM

Edited by dub_junkie

I am really depressed, most of us have some real regrets, classic's sold for pennies. Hindsite is a marvelous thing!!!!! :) :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

My conclusion............NEVER sell another bass, just keep collecting (for the sake of new, different and intersting tones and for expanding your horizons (gosh that sounds pretty good almots convinced myself lol) etc of course) just in case lol