Why become a member? ×

Basses owned ( is one you want amongst these? )

Paul_C

[b]Basses I still have:[/b]
1997 Fender Roscoe Beck 5 (Shoreline Gold)
2006 Fender Am. Std. S1 Jazz Bass (Sunset Orange)
2008 Fender Tony Franklin fretted (Gold Amber)
1975 Fender Precision Bass (3TS)

I just love those instruments :)

[b]Basses I've owned:[/b]
Stagg BC300
Ibanez GSR 200
Cort C5Z
Ibanez SR 705
Ibanez BTB 675
Mayones Be Exotic custom V
Fender Precision bass MIA '08
Fender Am. DLX JB V 98'
Fender Am. DLX JB V 07'
Fender Jazz Bass CS Closet Classic 1964 '06
Lakland Joe Osborn V
Lakland Daryll Jones V
Lakland Joe Osborn IV
Lakland 55-64
Yamaha TRB 6 JP
Sandberg California PM5 Hardcore Aged
Maruszczyk Elwood V Custom
That is all I remember...

Edited by suvv

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='BassAgent' timestamp='1266400384' post='748085']
[b]Yamaha RBX270 (1999)[/b]
First bass, traded it for my Yamaha BB N5II
[b]Yamaha RBX270F (2000)[/b]
Sold, great bass :)
[b]Yamaha BB N5II* (2001)[/b]
My first 5-string ever. I traded it for the Frankenbass but regretted it so much I bought it back. It's tuned E-C now and I love it so much...
[b]ESP/Knooren frankenbass (unknown)[/b]
Traded it for the TRB5II
[b]Blade B2 Tetra Jazz* (2001)[/b]
Bought this really really cheap. It's a very nice bass but I upgraded it anyway, with an Aguilar OBP-1 and Nordstrand NJ4s. It got signed by Marcus Miller :) I'll never ever sell this.
[b]Fender Jazz Bass Standard Fretless* (2004)[/b]
One of the fretless basses I've ever played. Modded it by installing Fender CS60's pickups, a new pickguard, Gotoh 201 bridge and had the fingerboard epoxied.
[b]Yamaha TRB5II (2001)[/b]
Sold... it was an awesome bass. I want it back.
[b]Yamaha BB414 (2007)[/b]
Traded it for one of my Aguilar cabs. It was an excellent instrument and I want one again some day.
[b]Johann Georg Kessler double bass (unknown)[/b]
Sold. I got tendonitis from playing upright so I had to sell it. I still have the urge to play...
[b]Motion B-05 BK (unkown)[/b]
This was in a terrible state when I got it. I cleaned and repaired it, played it for a while then sold it. It got me GAS for a proper acoustic bass though.
[b]Blade B1 (2003)[/b]
Sold. I will regret this for ever.
[b]Cobelens & de Bruyne Primo merbau (2008)[/b]
Returned it to the luthiers, so they could use the electronics and hardware for my new bass. My endorsement ended (they stopped building entirely) before I got the new one.
[b]Squier Vintage Modified Precision (2008)[/b]
Changed the pickup to Fender Original, it got a new bridge and new pots, and it's now way better than a USA Fender. Sold it to a very good friend of mine.
[b]Yamaha BB300 (1989)[/b]
Good bass, but I traded it for the TRB5F. Got it back later in another trade, but sold it to get the Squier CV Precision (see below).
[b]Yamaha TRB5F (1995)[/b]
Awesome fretless, but I liked my Fender more so I sold it. Still want it back though.
[b]Squier Standard Jazz Bass (2007)[/b]
Sold. It was good but not good enough.
[b]Celinder J Update 4* (1998)[/b]
I have dreamed of having a Celinder for about 5 years and now I was able to afford it and get it for a reasonable price. It's an old one (and the one in the Basschat banner) and one of the most comfortable basses to play I own. It's certainly the loudest.
[b]Squier Classic Vibe Jazz Bass (2009)[/b]
This was absolutely fantastic and made me buy my '66 Jazz. I sold it anyway ;)
[b]Fender Jazz Bass* (1966)[/b]
Thanks to me and my brother winning a Dutch TV quiz I could buy this. It has been my dream to have a vintage Jazz for my entire bass life, and now I have this one :D Everyone who plays it, including yours truly, is astonished by the playability, feel and sound of this creation from heaven.
[b]Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V (2004)[/b]
Had Bartolini's installed when I bought it. Awful boring sound, so I took the preamp and the pickups out and installed passive electronics and Nordstrand split pickups. It sounded quite good but weighed a ton so I sold it.
[b]Squier JV Precision (1982)[/b]
Got this bass in mint condition with a cable, Blue Note strap, Fender amp and stand for the astonishing amount of €75. It needed new strings and a setup badly, but otherwise this bass was absolutely amazing. I sold it for €850 'cause I never played it ánd I wanted to afford another bass (see below ;-)). I think that was the worst decision I've ever made basswise. Not that the bass I got back for it was bad, but mán what an instrument.
[b]Lakland 55-60 Limited Edition Translucent White (2010) *[/b]
Got it for a good price (new). One of the best 5-string Jazzes I've ever played. It's a Skyline, but it has some birdseye figuring in the neck :) It sounds absolutely amazing, has an extremely tight B-string and I love the looks and playability. I won't be selling this one very soon I think.
[b]Squier Classic Vibe Precision 50's Butterscotch Blonde*[/b]
I missed the JV. I wanted a Precision again, so I got the Yamaha BB300 (see above) again. However, I wasn't completely satisfied with the BB300. It missed something. I then played a CV Precision in a store somewhere and that was what I wanted! So I got one :)
[b]Warwick Triumph (1981)*[/b]
A bass from the Framus/Warwick transition period. It used to be a 5-string and the electronics were messed with, but I want to restore it. See my thread in the Upright section of this forum for more info on that :)
[b]Frankenjazz[/b]
Built from a Warmoth body, Allparts neck, Fender CS60's pickups and Gotoh hardware. Great bass, but I had some better basses than that so I sold it :)

* indicates I still have them.
[/quote]
It's been two years, let's edit this a bit...

First buy first...
(Those still in my posession in bold charachters)
- Sloppy Jazzbass copy, Bellamy something...
[b]- Fender Jazzbass 1978[/b]
- Mighty Mite Jazzbass
- Steinberger L2
- Chapman Stick
- Wilfer acoustic upright
- Charvel hockeyclub
- Washburn five string
- Homemade Jazz Bass 6
- G&L fretless 80's
- Fender Precision Mex
[b]- Matt Pulcinella Level 6[/b]
- Fender Precision 50's Classic Mex
- Warwick Corvette fretless
- Warwick Thumb 2006 Dirty Blonde
[b]- NS CR4M eub[/b]
- Fender Precision US Std 2006
- Cort ackebas
[b]- Tacoma Thunderchief[/b]
[b]- Lakland US 55-4 DeLuxe
- Lakland Skyline 55-02 Standard
- Fender Precision 1978
- Lakland Skyline 55-02 Standard fretless[/b]

HI , I am very new here and only joined up today, thats quite a selection of basses between you two guys, I thouhgt I was mad having about 6 or 7 basses, in comparrision .the amp I use is amines a bit of a joke. what I have in my little collection is an Aria designed in the Aria laboratory Japan which is a 5string, a Precission cpy made by Antoria in 1962, Tokai Jazz (oldies but goldies) 1972 or 77 not quite sure of the year,Squire P bass Peavey Fretless 4 string (Foundation Series),and just recently bought my son a bass collection 5 string 1987.The amp I use is an Ampeg B 220 1x15 combo,and somtimes a Trace Elliot 4x10 cab with an Ashton (Australian )300 watt head..

[quote name='Tokai' timestamp='1357232110' post='1919520']
HI , I am very new here and only joined up today, thats quite a selection of basses between you two guys, I thouhgt I was mad having about 6 or 7 basses, in comparrision .the amp I use is amines a bit of a joke. what I have in my little collection is an Aria designed in the Aria laboratory Japan which is a 5string, a Precission cpy made by Antoria in 1962, Tokai Jazz (oldies but goldies) 1972 or 77 not quite sure of the year,Squire P bass Peavey Fretless 4 string (Foundation Series),and just recently bought my son a bass collection 5 string 1987.The amp I use is an Ampeg B 220 1x15 combo,and somtimes a Trace Elliot 4x10 cab with an Ashton (Australian )300 watt head..
[/quote]
You've got quite a tidy collection yourself. :)

Welcome to the forum!

• 3 weeks later...

Right i'll have a go then Had my first bass When I was 15 and that was over 40 years ago so some of these basses that have ages by them were new or not very old at the timeThe order mite be a bit wrong in places!
and there may be more
Oh My God !! do I really want to do this... :(

1962 Hofner 185
1963 Fender precision

Gibson EB0
Hayman 40 40
Fender Mustang
72 fender Jazz bass new!
Then stopped playing for a few years
Started again
Encore Precision Copy
Westone Thunder 1
Westone Thunder 2
Westone Thunder 3
My Jap period!!
Steinberger XM2 Black
1964 Precision
Rickenbacker stereo
Fender precision lyte
Fender Jazz
Warwick thumb
Musicman stingray
Yamaha Trb 5
G&L L2000
Musicman Stingray 5
Steinberger XM 2 Red, still got
Vigier Passion Carbon necked, still got
Mex Fender Jazz bass Deluxe still got, for sale soon!
Shuker P bass Just got
Mania 6 string bass just looks good hanging on the wall

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/92446774@N04/8405662097/"][/url]

Edited by Bill W

I'm really a beginner in front of you all:
Ibanez Ergodybe edc 5 strings: now in the hands of my wife's 15 years old cousin
Steinberger XM2, sold
G&L Sb2 fretless, sold
Ibanez sgr 800 fretless, sold
Pedulla Thunderbolt, 5 strings, sold
Stuart Spector Design fretless, 5 strings, sold
G&L 2500, sold
Hohner headless active, 5 strings, sold
Fender baritone (similar to bassVi ma. With 28" scale, I dont remember the name) sold
Peavey G-V 5 strings, I'm thinking to sell it

Still have:
Yamaha BS semiacoustic
Tacoma acoustic 5 strings
Mayones Victorious (but with EMG pups and electronics)
Mari, italian luthier, Stego 5 strings
Wal fretless (with changed pups, not but me! Its a long story!)
Biarnel (italian luthier) Akmé single cut 5 strings
Biarnel Scorcio, headless, 5 strings

Maybe I forget something...

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1354212571' post='1883738']
I'll chuck my few pence worth into the mix even if this will like like a poor showing compared to most!

Squire Bronco bass (3/4 scale): Got it when I was 9 sold it after 2-3 years of owning it. Thought it was lovely when I first got it and learnt what I needed to learn to get my started till I grew a few inches!

Squire P-Bass Affinity series: Got this one Christmas about 2 years after the Bronco and immediately wasn't seen in public or in my own house for a good few months as I was in my room playing bass all day everyday, well once I got home from school anyway! Still own it and probably will never sell it unlike the Bronco, if I ever have kids they'll learn to play bass on this hopefully!

Traben John Moyer Standard Signature: I've had this bass for the past 4-5 years now, it's an active bass with Rockfield humbuckers and a 3 band EQ, got this bass after trying many many different basses, think it took me 9 months to find this! It plays very well with a modification of the action and some lower gauge strings. Although I do love this bass it's just not me anymore, it's too metal tonally and hasn't got the clarity to cut through the mix. Which is why I'm backing in the market properly looking for something to replace this with :D
[/quote]

I'll update my list

This week I added my Rickenbacker 4003, 2012 Limited Edition in WalnutBurst. Might just be my bias but, this is hands down the nicest bass I have EVER played! Its sound is phenomenal a cracking blend between low end thud that feels thick and rich, and a sharp piercing top end, it just gives the bass a fantastic balance and suits my playing to the ground! I love to dig in and play hard, also though many people say they aren't exactly the most versatile I have to disagree, you can get all sorts of tones from a Rickenbacker you just need to have a play with the settings of amp and bass

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1339541877' post='1690444']
An update from my previous post of 4 years ago ( :mellow: )

[b]Fender Squier standard jazz bass[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: My first bass; owned this for the first couple of months of playing. Looked pretty good, can't comment on its playability or sound as i didn't have a clue what i was doing back then, however quickly decided that a passive jazz wasn't for me.[/font][/color]

[b]Musicman SUB 4[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: My first 'proper' bass, if you will. Owned this for around 18 months, learnt to play really with it. Great bass, loved the textured finish and the electronics. Never really liked the almost sticky painted neck. Can't really remember why i sold it, just for change i think :)[/font][/color]

[b]Peavey Grind 6[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: My first 6 string bass. Lovely wood, had quite a chunky neck and weighed a ton. In desperate need of an upgrade in electronics but otherwise was a great first 6 string. Sold as i again wasn't warming to the passive sound.[/font][/color]

[b]OLP MM3[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: I owned this very briefly, bought on a whim to give one a go, largely to compare the tone to my Musicman Sub. Didn't like it, felt cheap to play and sound wasn't great, sold on very quickly.[/font][/color]

[b]Fender customised PJ bass[/b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]: Made me a very popular boy on the forum, this one. Perhaps i showed a little immaturity and stupidty in the way i behaved with this one, got it cheap off here and tried to sell it for more. Didn't help my popularity that the eventual buyer very incorrectly but very publicly accused me of trying to sell it as a custom shop bass. Gorgeous bass, played pretty good from what i remember, but ultimately it never sounded the way i wanted so i didn't miss it much when it sold. Had for around 6 months or so.[/color][/font]

[b]Hudson PBS 6: [/b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]My second six string. I thought this bass was awesome, sounded great, really light and played really well. Neck dived a little and the finish was very soft and easy to ding, but a great bass. One of the few basses i regret selling. Owned for a good while.[/color][/font]

[b]Westfield Jazz Bass[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: My first project, bough it to mod the hell out of it! i replaced the neck, pickups, bridge and knobs, and added a pickup cover, it sounded and looked great! Wasn't exactly a dream to play, but was certainly a much better bass than it started out as. Passive jazzes still weren't my thing so off it went.[/font][/color]

[b]Musicman Stingray 5 'Blue Dawn'[/b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]: Blue sparkle finish, absolutley gorgeous. Fitted a Status Graphite neck to it and decided it was the best bass i had owned. Played fantastically, never sounded like the 4 string stingray i wanted it to but awesome anyway. Sold as i decided i couldn't afford to keep it. A regret.[/color][/font]

[b]OLP MM3 with Status Neck: [/b]Bought this purely for the neck to fit to my real stringray. Fitted the original stingray neck to it, playability and feel improved but basically a similar experience to my previous MM3. Sold along with my Stringray.

[b]Status-Graphite Energy 4[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: Bit of a bargain from ebay as i remember, needed a bit of a service on the electronics that i never actually bothered to get done, but other than that was a lovely bass, very comfortable and nice to play, and had red led's; my only 'bling'; bass. Sold very quickly as decided it wasn't for me.[/font][/color]

[b]Aria GT5: [/b][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]The replacement for the stingray, a loosely based copy. A million leagues above the OLPs, a great bass for the money. Looked great, played pretty good and the sound wasn't too far away from the real thing. Sold when i temporarily gave up bass.[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][b]Vintage Relic P Bass: [/b]After not playing for a while, went to sound control in Bristol, tried one of these Vintage relic basses and bought it for a little modding. Fitted a japanese fender pickup and anodised gold pickguard, really enjoyed it. Very light but also had an easy to damage finish, owned for a while before deciding to sell.[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][b]Warwick Corvette Proline: [/b]Another hiatus from playing and i saw this six string advertised on Bass Direct's website. Went down there and picked it up on the 'Take it Away' scheme. My first Warwick bass and will probably be the last main brand of bass i'll play. Fell in love with the sound, just awesome. Sadly never fell in love with the size of the neck or its six stringyness, so sold it on for...[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828][b]Warwick Thumb NT 4: [/b]Best bass i have ever owned or played, no contest. 1990 model, so handbuilt by 'west' germans, perfect slim wenge/bubinga neck and a stunning chunk of bubinga bodywood. Had this for around 18 months now and can't see it going anywere. Never played a bass i have felt so at home on. Currently strung up with Ernie Ball Cobalt Slinkys and played through a Gallien Krueger combo. I just hope money problems don't make me sell it.[/color][/font]

[b]Harmony Precision Bass: [/b]Got this in a trade with an amp. As good a P bass copy as i have tried, fitted some Schaller tuners, which just don't seem to drop out of tune, and a set of Ernie Ball Extra Slinkys and it plays lovely. Great rock sound, was going to sell but may as well hang on for the moment as for the money i wont find anything i would prefer.
[/quote]

[B]Warwick Streamer LX5[/b]: Bought this last year as it caught my eye, 2000 model in red, very pretty. Wasn't my favourite Warwick tone, a little thin but this could have just been an (unfair) comparison with the NT Thumb. Also had a slight bow in the neck. Still a great bass, but moved it on beginning 2013.

[B]Warwick Streamer SS1[/b]: 1988 birth year model, lovely bass with maple body and wenge through neck, best Streamer woods combination for me (and they have brought it back for 2013!). Has its problems, crack in the neck (apparently glued and secure) and has faulty electronics (will be rectified once someone decides to assist me!) but it plays really well and is a great alternative to my Thumb :)

Great thread!!!

It's really interesting to see how peoples taste in basses evolves (or not, as the case may be!). There's some classic progressions and some obvious experimentation on show with these lists. To a slight extent you can see how players have leaned by their changing and prevailing choices of bass.

I've owned 18 basses over my 21 years of playing. Only the last 2 on the list are still with me. Who knows where that list will go from this point forth, but two things are for certain ... There will be a Jazz Bass on that list, and the Aria fretless will be with me until I expire. My basses were/ are ...

[b]Sunn Mustang[/b]
[b]Maison ???[/b]
[b]DeVille ??? [/b]... Fretless
[b]Fender Precision Bass Lyte[/b]
[b]??? [/b]... Acoustic
[b]Washburn MB6[/b] ... 6 string
[b]Washburn Force 4[/b] ... Fretless
[b]Ibanez Blazer[/b] ... Fretless
[b]Warwick Dolphin Pro 2[/b]
[b]Aria Pro-II SB900[/b] ... Fretless
[b]Hohner TWP600B[/b] ... Acoustic
[b]Ibanez SR1200[/b]
[b]Epiphone El Capitan [/b]... Fretless Acoustic
[b]Warwick Streamer Std[/b]
[b]Warwick Thumb NT[/b]
[b]Eko B4[/b] ... Fretless Acoustic
[b]Aria Pro-II SB900 [/b]... Fretless[b] ~ [color=#b22222]this is the actual bass that I'd sold 10 years previously![/color][/b]
[b]Warwick Streamer Stage 1[/b]

1962 USA Precision 6 months old when I bought it
Noname Jap Fiddle bass (had it for a week in the seventies!)
Rick 4001 Stereo
Travis Bean
Gibson prototype made in japan in the early eighties, Explorer shape but bolt-on jazz shape neck and P/J
Hohner Jack headless
Mexican Precision

From 1962 to date.

Not many, is it?

Sadly, I owned them serially.

"Pro players generally don't have good instruments - they are too busy paying the rent etc"

The Rick the TB and the Precision were all from my days pre turning pro.

Only one I regret is that Precision.

Egmond Kansas 1EB1S semi acoustic from the 1960/. Build quality is awful, but it does have a very appealing woody tone.
Indie IEA-30B electro-acoustic
Fender Precision from 1974. I paid £135 for it in "85
Fender Pawnshop IV (just took possession of it on Saturday)
Rickenbacker 4001 from 1973. Paid £299 for it in 1990. The nicest bass I've ever played.
Squier Precision Special. Got this from the Huntingdon Cash Converters a few years ago for £29. The electrics weren't working, but blu-tac and superglue aren't well known for their conductive properties! I replaced the scratchplate (the one that was n it had been painted Matt black. Badly) and had to tweak the truss rod , but it has turned into quite a nice instrument.

[quote name='Lasermonkey' timestamp='1361203933' post='1982697']
Squier Precision Special. Got this from the Huntingdon Cash Converters a few years ago for £29. The electrics weren't working, but blu-tac and superglue aren't well known for their conductive properties! I replaced the scratchplate (the one that was n it had been painted Matt black. Badly) and had to tweak the truss rod , but it has turned into quite a nice instrument.
[/quote]

That Mike D'Souza! None of the guitars got repaired after Mick F and I quit.

[attachment=128250:My 1st bass Framus.jpg] Framus thingy. These are the basses I have owned since 1973 when I started playing bass.
[attachment=128251:Fender Musicmaster.jpg] Fender Musicmaster
[attachment=128252:Ibanez ric copy 2.jpg] Ibanez 4001 Ric copy
[attachment=128253:Kramer 450B.jpg] Kramer aluminium neck
[attachment=128254:Ric 4001 Blonde 77.jpg] 1977 Rickenbacker 4001
[attachment=128255:Status 2000.jpg] Status 2000 All graphite
[attachment=128256:IMG_2870.JPG] 1994 USA "Long Horn" Jazz Bass. Sims front & side led's, Badass III bridge. (Still own)
[attachment=128257:Various pics 210.JPG] Status S2 Classic
[attachment=128258:IMG_1606.JPG] Rickenbacker 4003 04 model
[attachment=128259:Status Energy 3.jpg] Status Energy
[attachment=128260:IMG_2537.JPG] SGC Nanyo Bass collection SB110 active. (Still own)
[attachment=128261:IMG_2816.JPG] Musicman Sterling Black onyx LE (132 of 150)
[attachment=128262:IMG_2869.JPG] Jaydee Supernatural series III Mark King (Still own)
1 to 6 and image 10 I have had to pinch off Google or Basschat.
Some of these might have been your basses ???

Edited by blunderthumbs

• 2 weeks later...

Bass guitars I have owned.
Status Washburn 1000
Status 3000 headless flirtation, NO for me, but I did like Graphite neck
Fender precision Lyte 2 of, sunburst and white sparkle. (both great basses did the job liked the active PJ combination but mainly used P )
Fender P Steve Harris Neck was a monster, not comfortable for me.
Fender P deluxe USA, to hot on active, didn't suit what I wanted.
Fender P Hotrod nice bass but still wasn't sure about PJ configuration on it
Fender Jazz bass special Black, again PJ the neck width was neither really one of the other, japanese E series sold on nicely )
Yamaha Attitude 10 anniversary in black, sold on, great bass but neck heavy prone to dive, very chunky neck, did like the stereo thing, even thought about doing it again, but.....
Rickenbacker 4001, just had to have one, then just had to sell it, not for me at all.
G&L 2000 usa, nice machine in cherry sunburst, sadly gone.
Moon JJ4 Larry Graham style Jazz bass, great machine, sadly gone (hate the economy )
EBMM Stingray 4 HH black, maple, hipshot, mirror plate, heartbreakingly gone
EBMM Stingray 4 H Black rosewood, mirror plate, sadly gone to.

Still own,

EBMM Stingray 4 in fire engine red, hipshot, Status graphite neck the mutts.
Fender Precision Roadworn fiesta red, sweet sweet bass.
Breedlove Black diamond acoustic bass, battered but beautiful:)

Edited by Lynottfan

Hi Guys!

I'm a new man here! From Hungary.

Now I have only 3 bass.
1 MLP Queen singlecut (handmade)
2 Blasius Kata model (handmade)
3 Lakland Darryl Jones 5 with J-retro and Woodhead pick ups, and private color

My amp is Prolude BHV 400 with 212 bass cab with Celestion neo speakers
I have many video on youtube (ongabass)

I playing soft rock, blues, some funky and swing.

I hope my memory holds up,
1st one - Ibanez blazer, I was in a punk band at the time and the singer superglued a fork and a load of coins to it. 1979 I think. It was unplayable when I'd finished hitting him with it.
2nd, a Guild B302 - had no idea what it was and only bought it (well my Grandad did) 'cos Ally McMordie played one and I thought it sounded fabulous, again, 1979(I think) I still have it and its done God knows how many gigs.
3rd, Aria ZZ - I gave it away to a kid in a metal band I gave lessons to.
It's all a bit hazy after this, I think the next one was an Aria Pro-ll and either the UK Subs nicked it or I left it at a gig we supported them at.
Currently, A Fender Jazz - my mainstay for gigging now, just for ease of playing.
My Guild B302, the best sounding bass I've ever owned.
A Guild B301, a project.
A Samick active - used for recording only, massive range of tones and never gigged.
An Aria Magna series, an impulse buy and it hasn't so much as been plugged in.
There's been loads inbetween I can't remember, but I can recall a Vintage bass I bought on a whim that was truly horrible in every department. No idea what happened to it.

• 3 weeks later...

In order:

1. Peavey Foundation - red, with a maple neck. £50 off a guy a few years above me in school, it was a 14th birthday present from my parents. Not a bad bass as I remember, an identical one came up on ebay recently and sold for not too much, if I'd had the cash at the time I would've had a punt on it.

2. Washburn XB100 - my first new bass, it was metallic blue with a rosewood fingerboard. I recall it was pretty cheap, about £100 and not really an upgrade on the Peavey, but by the time I got the Washburn the Peavey had seen better days.

3. Fender Jazz, made in Mexico, 2003, Sage Metallic Green. I traded in the Washburn against the Jazz, which was bought for me by my parents for my 18th. I still have it, but never play it. I used it a lot through uni, but it doesn't suit my sound or style of play these days. I [i]hate[/i] the colour too, I bought it on my 18th birthday and it was the only one guitarguitar but I'd been out the night before, and because I'd made my way up to Glasgow in my pitiful state, I didn't want to leave empty handed. In hindsight I should've taken the staff up on their offer of ordering me in a black one and coming back a couple of days later. Frustratingly, I walked round from guitarguitar to the old Sound Control with my new purchase, and was presented with a wall of Mexican Fenders in every colour :rolleyes:

4. Fender Precision Bass, made in Mexico, 2000, Black. This one was picked up on ebay for £200, with a flightcase in about 2007/8. It was in pretty good nick apart from being filthy, I gave it a clean up, new strings, a new black scratchplate, Badass bridge and Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders. I didn't have it for long though, I ended up selling it a year after I finished uni to pay off a council tax bill.

5. Fender Precision Bass, made in USA, not sure of the year, maybe 2006? Sunburst/rosewood. This is the one I wish I still had, bought from Clarky on here, who bought it from Old Horse Murphy. The nicest bass I have ever owned, to the extent that I barely played it for fear of damaging it. I gigged it once and it sounded amazing, but once I left the band I felt guilty for having such a nice piece of kit going unused. I sold it back to Nick (OHM) after having it for about 6 months.

6. Parts Jazz. In selling the US P Bass, I planned to replace it with a Mexican 50s Classic Precision. I bought one online for a bargain price, about £400 I recall, and even though the website showed they had them in stock I received an email a few days later saying that it would actually 8 weeks until they had them again. They offered to hold one for me, but my impatience got the better of me and I cancelled the transaction and built my own bass. Once again, with the benefit of hindisght, the length of time it took to source all the parts was about 8 weeks, and cost a fair bit more than the 50s Classic <_< The Jazz comprised of a natural Marcus Miller Jazz body bought on here from Mr Fudge, an Allparts neck and Hipshot reverse gear tuners. I hated the Allparts neck, and swiftly replaced it with a maple Might Mite neck that was much nicer to play. The reverse gear Hipshots were replaced as well with the 70s style equivalents.

This remained my main bass for a couple of years, but I got the hankering for another P Bass. I put it up for sale on here with little interest, but eventually managed to trade it with another member for his Precision, which upon arrival, turned out to be my Precision (see number 4) It came back a little different to when it left me, the scratchplate and Gotoh 201 I sold it with were still there, but there were covers added, and a Wizard Thumper, a few more scratches and dings and cracked finish and holes in the headstock from a Hipshot 3 string retainer, and the flightcase was gone as well. I've spent a lot of time modding it, and it currently has a threaded saddle bridge, a 4-ply tort scratchplate (proper celluloid), a tug bar and a Ki0gon wiring harness. It plays nicely set up with 50-110 Rotosounds, it's definitely "road worn" but it's my go-to bass. I'm toying with the idea of selling both the Jazz and the Precision to fund either a 50s Classic or Road Worn Precision, but the market's pretty slow just now so I reckon I'll hold on to them for now

• 1 month later...

Awesome, been wanting to tally this for a while.

25 I think, lost count :gas:

[b]Cheap:[/b] Hohner Rockwood LX100b, Aria SB1000, Aria IGB30, Hohner Jack x 2, Ozark Acoustic, Satalitte Fretless, Ovation Fretless Acoustic
[b]Pro:[/b] Fender Custom Shop 1963 Jazz, Music Man Stingray x 2, Music Man Sterling x2, Fender USA Deluxe P Bass, Fender USA Deluxe Jazz 5, Squier 1983 JV Precision, Fender USA short scale Bullet,
[b]Vintage:[/b] 1964 Precision, 1964 Jazz, 1966 Precision, 1973 Precision, 1978 Precision, 71 & 73 Musicmaster, 1978 Music Man Sabre, 1973 Ricky 4001 (check binding), 1978 Ricky 4001

Now only down to three: Custom Shop Jazz, MM Sterling and Ozark Acoustic.......The others paid towards my flat!!! :mellow:

Edited by Chiliwailer

• 2 weeks later...