Why become a member? ×

How does Thomann 'work'?

Musicman20

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1379410859' post='2212236']
At the risk of resorting to cultural stereotypes, my experience of doing business with Germans, ALL Germans, is that they are absolutely punctilious and reliable. I've never yet had a bad experience when dealing with either a German business on t'Net or with a German individual on, for example, eBay.
[/quote]

Sweeping statement of positive discrimination there, like it!

Can only echo the above though- funnily enough I've just today had two Mackie TH15A's turn up from Thomann that my band are going to be using for foldback. They arrived in 2 working days from Germany, absolutely perfect, sound great, ready to go! B Stock items that were by far the cheapest on the net, and they look brand new. very happy.

Can't recommend Thomann highly enough with my experience of them.

On the subject on buying from Germans in general- I once bought a set of 4 alloy wheels with tyres from Germany, through a private seller on ebay, and he couldn't speak (or at least, type) great english, and my german has slipped somewhat in recent years, so some of our conversation had to be carried out using google translate. He wasn't offering postage, so I sent him a message to see if he would consider sending them to the UK. He would, and they turned up only 2 days later, exactly as described, in made-to-measure cardboard boxes (how he did that i've no idea), packaged as though they were ming vases.

I've ordered CD's in the UK before and they've taken over a week to get here and turned up battered.

Deal with confidence!

I read on this very forum once that someone could not decide between two different basses on the Thomann site, so rang them for advice. They simply told him to order both, and send the one he didn't like back in 30 days!

I've just returned a Hartke Kilo which was faulty. After 2 weeks where the return parcel got held in German customs I have been told my refund will be issued once technicians check the unit. Not sure what they are checking for as they have a 30 day return if you don't like policy anyway.
Return postage was free and their customer service is pretty damned impressive with me being emailed updates regularly.

I've not really had much trouble over past few yrs having but a fair bit of gear from them. They are a very genuine upfront company to deal with and I wont hesitate to use them again in future unlike Hartke (sore point and couldn't resist another dig at them for poor gear and sloppy customer service)
Thomann are an excellent company to deal with and if not sure about something give them a call. Very helpful on phone.

Dave