Why become a member? ×

Ibanez PM7 Phase Modulator >> NOW SOLD <<
£45

fraff

For sale is my PM7 Phase Modulator. [s]£38 posted in the UK.[/s][b] £34 posted in the UK.[/b]

I bought this on here about 18 months back. Since then it's been sat on my board, ungigged.

This is a great, flexible and downright unusual phaser. Works very well on bass, though most of the YouTube vids I can find are with geetar. Sounds G-R-E-A-T after a bit of fuzz!

Will put up a pic later this week, though it looks like you'd expect. Good condition, but no box. Velcro on the bottom

The Ibanez bumph says this -

"If you've gone through one phase after another, maybe it's time for the final phase. The PM7 Phase Modulator offers three types of waveforms to give you everything from classic phaser to DJ effects to toy ray gun sounds. Since good things come in threes, the PM7 also has three phase stages: vintage, deep and dry, and deep and pronounced. With some minor tweaking, the PM7 goes from traditional to 21st century and beyond."

As I said, it's a versatile and creative beast, so get set for some strangeness - in a good way!

Here's what's what on the controls -[list]
[*]Speed adjusts the speed of the vibrations. They become faster the more this is turned to the right.
[*]Depth adjusts the depth of the vibrations. They become deeper the more this is turned to the right.
[*]Manual Adjusts the level of the phase-shifted tone. The level is increased and the effect strengthened the more this is turned to the right.
[*]Feedback Adjusts the amount of feedback. Turning this to the right applies normal-phase feedback, and turning it to the left applies inverted-phase feedback. In either case, the sound will become more distinctive.
[*]Mode 1/2/3 Selects from three types of phases.
[list=1]
[*]Four-stage phaser with invertedphase mix. Vintage sound.

[*]Six-stage phaser with invertedphase mix. Deep phasing sound.

[*]Six-stage phaser with normal-phasemix. Deep phasing sound.
[/list]
[/list]
[list]
[*]Waveform Selects the modulation waveform (the "shape" of modulation).
[list=1]
[*]Triangle wave: Produces conventional phaser sounds.

[*]Square wave. Produces sequencerlike sounds.

[*]High-frequency wave. Produces sounds like a ring modulator or FM synthesizer.
[/list]
[/list]

Edited by fraff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Seems like a cool wierd pedal. I'd be interested in hearing a bass demo but didn't see any on youtube. How does it handle the bass frequencies? Does it stay full enough, or is it a tone sucker?

• 1 month later...

Really sorry Fionn, haven't been on here for ages!

To answer your question, no I don't find it sucks tone much at all - it's pretty well suited to bass freqs and IMHO stays very full sounding. I tend to run it with a series of other things, in which it performs very well. And on it's own, as I say, certainly keeps the signal nice and full I'd say.

I need to get rid of this now and am planning on sticking it on flea bay this evening. In light of that, happy to let it go for [u][color=#b22222][b]£25 collected[/b][/color][/u] and save myself the hassle!

Any takers?