Why become a member? ×

Zoot cabs

lee4

Been looking at The Bass Merchant site and I've got GAS for a Markbass rig.But then I noticed the Zoot cabs.
My question is this;I play in a fuction band whose material spans Motown,funk,classic rock and up to date pop.I use a 4x10 at the moment but would like more spread of sound.
So would a 2x12 do it,does it have a frequency spike,and has anyone tried a Zoot cab?

[quote name='lee4' post='220154' date='Jun 16 2008, 07:38 PM']Been looking at The Bass Merchant site and I've got GAS for a Markbass rig.But then I noticed the Zoot cabs.
My question is this;I play in a fuction band whose material spans Motown,funk,classic rock and up to date pop.I use a 4x10 at the moment but would like more spread of sound.
So would a 2x12 do it,does it have a frequency spike,and has anyone tried a Zoot cab?[/quote]

Lee, It's a pity you weren't at the London Guitar Show over the weekend, as Zoot had the full range of cabs there and were demo,ing them using a Mark Bass R500 head. The 2 x 15 abd the 210 together sounded really good.

They were also doing very good show discounts too....

P