Why become a member? ×

Don't give hate a chance play along

ML94

Hi guys

I just thought if put out my first recording to this classic track. Minor errors here and there but the groove carries on. Would love feedback as I'm going to be recording more songs to improve my playing from all the feedback I get.

http://youtu.be/OtdqaJOG_lQ

Edited by ML94

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1378977412' post='2207190']
Nice playing man. Excellent tune too :)

How are the pick-ups/ tone dialled on your Jazz Bass on this recording?
[/quote]

It was full on the back pickup and the tone was around 30%. Front pickup at about 75%.

And Thanks :)

Edited by ML94

[quote name='ML94' timestamp='1379007253' post='2207700']
It was full on the back pickup and the tone was around 30%. Front pickup at about 75%.
[/quote]

Cool. Considering that then, and purely in the interests of feedback, I would say a more fitting tone could be acheived by bringing the neck pickup back to about 25%. It would cut through the mix better, complimenting the bassline, and your fine playing ... that's only my opinion, and it's splitting hairs really.

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1379009264' post='2207738']
Cool. Considering that then, and purely in the interests of feedback, I would say a more fitting tone could be acheived by bringing the neck pickup back to about 25%. It would cut through the mix better, complimenting the bassline, and your fine playing ... that's only my opinion, and it's splitting hairs really.
[/quote]

Cheers! I'll keep that in mind, I'm looking to upload some more Jamiroquai stuff later on! :)