Why become a member? ×

Vintage Washburn Scavenger Bass...1979....£300
£300

luked

Washburn Scavenger bass which i beieve dates from 1979.Serial on back of headstock is a little worn but first two digits look like 78.The bass has some knocks and dings on the body as you would associate with a bass from this year,also some slight laquer cracking around the brass nut,i've tried to photograph these items.Will send extra photos if anyone wants them.Bass has a fast low action and is lovely to play,frets in good shape with very little wear.Electrics work fine.Bass can be collected from the following locations near wrexham north wales,manchester or i'll be in london this coming weekend(13-16 sep).Will post at buyers cost.Approx £20 uk mainland postage.

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! That is not a Scavenger, luked. A Scavenger has the jack on the front of the body. You have a VULTURE I ---which is the next step up from the Scavenger. The jack is on the side. The Vulture II, has 4 pots and a toggle and 2 pups.

Good luck--beautiful bass. And a bit harder to find than a Scavenger.

This is a model known as the Vulture B, made between 1979 and 1981.
It appears to have an aftermarket truss rod cover.

It was also available in a 2 pickup version, which was probably the top of the Wings series.
(Actually an Eagle bass has been sighted, but it may have been a custom order.)

• 8 months later...

Did you sell the Vulture?
I have a complete collection of the Washburn Wing Series except for the Vulture.
If sold, do you have contact with the buyer..Cheers

Now have a Fretless Vulture!! The Washburn Wing Series is complete!!!
Hoves

Edited by Hoves

He hasn't been on the website since October of last year so it is very probably sold.
You could try sending him a personal message.
Top left of his first post is his name, luked.
Click on his name.
That will open another page, with "send me a message" near the top right hand side.
Click on that, type and then send your message.
Hope you get lucky,
cheers,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer

Wow, this takes me back, i had an identical one (albeit mine had a J/B pickup configuration, same cream covers). It was my first ever bass, it was a long scale 24 fret version, weighed about half a ton. I moved house last September, and i think i skipped it, having read comments above, i probably should have kept it, had no idea these were in any way sought after, otherwise i would have gave it to someone, especially Hoves! :(