Why become a member? ×

Feeback for Chiliwailer

bluesparky

Bought an absolutely stunning CS '55 Precision from Dan. Can't sing his praises highly enough, firstly the bass is glorious in every way, I know it's a hell of a statement but it might just be the best Precision I've ever picked up (and I've owned a few), second, Dan went out of his way to make the whole thing as easy as possible, which required almost military planning and logistics, and quite late on a weekday evening. I could have probably spent a few hours chewing the fat about Fenders and Moduli, but time didn't allow it. I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to do so at some point in the future, I'm guessing that with our similar tastes in instruments, plus our not exactly low profiles on the FS forums here, it's almost inevitable that our paths will cross again anyway!

Cheers mate

Chris

• 1 month later...

A second very smooth deal with Daniel; bought a custom Jazz bass pickguard off him. As ever - a real pleasure to do business with, and highly entertaining communications about vintage guitars, wives, and suchlike :)
Thanks fella!

• 1 month later...

I've just put a deposit down on a Custom Shop '64 relic Jazz bass from Dan.

I would like to highly recommend Dan as someone who is knowledgeable, friendly and very up for accommodating your needs. I had seen this specific bass before and really liked it, so when it came up for sale on BC I decided I had to PM the seller. Messages were quickly responded to, very thorough, and interesting - no crazy opinions, just good bass 'geekery' back and forth which gave me loads of confidence.

Dan offered me the opportunity to try out the bass under no obligation, and when I confirmed my visit he put the bass on hold for me until I had checked it out. It had flats fitted as advertised, I had mentioned I would always rather check out a bass with rounds on it - Dan fitted rounds for me just to try it out! How cool is that?! Very accommodating. I had a good feeling about that bass and it didn't disappoint. Suffice to say we agreed on a price and the deal was done. Dan took a deposit and I'm looking forward to picking up the bass next week.

A top bloke, and very trustworthy seller.

Highly recommended.

Thanks Dan!

Jo

Daniel bought a compressor from me. He responded to my ad in record-quick time and paid very swiftly. Communications have been superlative and I would have no hesitation whatsoever recommending him for any kind of deal or transaction. A stalwart of BassChat, he is knowledgable, friendly, astute, trustworthy and morally upstanding - and thanks for the tenner, Dan... ;)

Edited by discreet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought a Pedaltrain Mini board from Daniel.
It was a smooth transaction all the way with good comms and the board arrived quickly and well-packed.
I can recommend Daniel as a good person to trade with confidently.
Rupert

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Another set of flats coming from Dan.

Easy fella to deal with. He lists stuff I want,I pay and he sends it out pronto :)

Doesn't get much easier than that ;)

edit

Dan texted me Thursday morning saying strings were on the way. Saturday the wee lassie from My Hermes handed them over.

Didn't I say it was easy !!

Edited by kodiakblair

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest DarylClayton

I just had the pleasure of meeting Daniel, completing the sale of a Squier Jazz Bass and Eden practice amp.

Daniel and his partner were very welcoming, we had a nice chat and Daniel clearly knows his stuff, so it was great to learn a few things and to also check out a couple of his lovely basses.

Highly recommend Daniel.

Cheers,

Daz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...