Why become a member? ×

Ampeg Authorised Service Engineer Anybody Know Of One??

Daveyboyrooster

Hey all, I own an Ampeg SVT 3 Pro which I've had for about 10 years. It's my favourite and I would be lost without it. Its versatility and ease operation in my opinion is the best.

A few years ago it caught fire at a gig and I took it to my local music electronic repair shop (MJ Electronic who are no mugs BTW) who reported back that the circuitry was complex and they couldn't help me. I called our local music dealer who put me on to a company called Panic Music in Cambridge.

Now then that brings me to my point.

It has been serviced/repaired when needed by Panic Music Services in Cambridge on a regular basis since this time (all reliable since BTW) and as far as I know the only Ampeg Approved Service company in the UK!

[b]Does anyone know of another approved service engineer/provider. Shipping to Cambridge costs me £70-£80 each time due to the shear weight of the amp? [/b]

I had my SVT3 PRO for over 10 years and nothing ever went wrong with it.

Early on, I did take it to one guy in Camden and he asked why I bought it in as there was nothing wrong with it. He said it was the first one he'd seen and gave it a clean bill of health and me an invoice!

I've been told that they are built for ease of manufacture and are difficult to service, but then if you don't have a problem don't service it.