Why become a member? ×

Protection Racket - 7051 Electric Bass Guitar Bag

lefrash

Cost - £53.

This could be the final bass case I own. I've had numerous gig bags and hard cases over the years. This is the first that seems to tick all the boxes.

First of all, the price. That is not alot of money for such a high quality bit of gear. You could easily spend £30 on a very average gig bag. Why not just spend that touch more and get somethin of quality like this.

This has removable cushions that velcro to the inside, so will fit most basses snuggle and securely. The lining is cushioned. I decided to go for this one rather than the model up, as I feel the inside to this is more than good enough. The buckles and zips are all high quality and are rock solid. I've yet to find any stitching that is below par. The front pouch is big enough to fit my ampeg pf350 plus cables, and theres another smaller pouch for some more bits and bobs. Easily big enough for a set of strings, and a spare jack lead.

This also fits (just about) into the boot of my car. It is a tight squeeze but it goes. This was a big reason why I generally dont like hard cases. Just too big. I would say though it probably be a touch shallower without compromising on quality and perhaps even an inch shorter to be perfect for me.

Thought I'd put up a review of this as there doesnt seem to be any here already.

Fraser

Thanks for the review - I have one of these and they are indeed superb. I got mine second hand but in as-new condition and am tediously smug about it. But they are a steal at full price anyway given the quality, as you say.

I can pack my bass, leads, speaker cables, DI/FX, Zoom H1, tripod, lunch, drink [i]and [/i]my A-frame bass stand in it. It's [i]very [/i]roomy.

I actually like the fact it's deep - it means I can get my Minotaur strap in it rolled up and not folded, as with an inferior shallow case.

Edited by discreet