Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

Played an Ampeg Valve head the other week and keep thinking about getting one. It's expensive, heavy, and difficult to use compared to what I have now...but it sounds so nice.

Saying that, I'd rather like to have a look at the new PortaFlex valve heads too since they're far more home-use friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

Yamaha Attitude Ltd, every gig I do lately I take the Streamer and Sire V7, sold my 'Ray so you'd think that these two have established themselves as my main gigging basses. So, why have I looked at Torvic's ad for his sea foam green attitude ltd 2 about 20 times in the last week or so!!

I was doing OK until I checked out the local Gumtree situation. Colour change sucks but, hey, that can be sorted. The £1200 asking price, on the other hand, means the GAS must remain unrequited

[url="https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/1979-pre-ernie-ball-music-man-sabre-bass/1149418316"]https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/1979-pre-ernie-ball-music-man-sabre-bass/1149418316[/url]

I'm kind of GAS free at the moment. I've got a Boomerang III coming which I'm eager to play with. Depending on how composition goes I MIGHT grab a BeatBuddy for percussion and midi sync them.

Bass wise I'm quite content but I've been thinking about getting a Status fretless neck for my Stingray for a while for those times I want to pretend I'm Pino or Levin.

I've been GAS free for many years. That's a bit of a blessing I guess. Yes, I get intrigued by new basses... but to date, haven't been in the position where I think, wow, must get this... or be in the position where I think a new bass would unseat my current basses of choice.

In terms of amps, the thing that killed all enthusiasm for amps was going in-ears. Decent PA > any bass amp.

My only purchases nowadays seem to be things like fret wraps and the like. I haven't even bought any new straps for years.

I'm in a bizarre position of wanting something new (as GAS does to you) but with a pick of everything in the world, have no obvious target.

I'm auditioning for a band on Weds where my Precision would be the ideal bass from a tone and image point of view, yet I want to take something more versatile but without looking OTT as 5 string totally not needed for this music (it's mostly 70s rock covers).

That said the Fender Roadworn Precision in Fiesta Red in the Market is VERY nice, and it isn't the first time i've eyeballed them and felt a bit lustful. I could afford if I sold to buy something but I don't think there's anything I want to part with, everything I have is great. I think if anything having so many good instruments is confusing - as you have nothing to aim for anymore (except learning to play better and actually make music).

Edited by Machines

[quote name='wheredragonsdwell' timestamp='1452883092' post='2954479']
Trying to decide between an Ibanez SRFF806 or a Dingwall Combustion/ NG2. I'm also needing a new amp but having a hard time deciding on what to get
[/quote]

I'm biased but I know which I'd choose - assuming I could stand the wait for the NG2 that is!

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1378658243' post='2202870']
A Lake Placid Blue, matching headstock jazz bass with rosewood 'board, pearloid block inlays and cream 'board binding... Lightly relic'd.
[/quote] thats, IMHO , the holy grail of bass :) and what im getting soon :)

Well, it's been nearly a year, and I still want a P-bass... It has evolved slightly to needing a humbuckery thing in the bridge, but I still really want a P-bass. Oh my dog I want a P-bass.

Vintage white with tort or black guard. Maple board, non-painted headstock. Maybe active, as I've never had one before. Is it too much to ask??! The upswing of Maruszczyk popularity (and their infuriating affordability) really hasn't helped...

[quote name='BigBassBob' timestamp='1452491992' post='2950337']
I'm kind of GAS free at the moment. I've got a Boomerang III coming which I'm eager to play with. Depending on how composition goes I MIGHT grab a BeatBuddy for percussion and midi sync them.[/quote]

Not long received the Boomerang iii I ordered, I suspect you won't be disappointed. Bit annoyed that the Ditto x4 was announced the following week but honestly I don't think anyone can beat Boomerang, this thing is pure quality!

As for me, no real GAS bass-wise. Should an ESP horizon 5 string pop up I wouldn't be able to stop myself, mind.