Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

[quote name='grayn' timestamp='1450032260' post='2928976']
Quite fancy 1 of these 2.
[b] IBANEZ SR1200 PREMIUM[/b]

Or a [color=#262F3A][font=Montserrat][size=6]CORT ARTISAN A4 CUSTOM SP[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#262F3A][font=Montserrat][size=6][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Ibanez really are making some attractive basses these days.... as are cort.

Edited by CamdenRob

After being GAS free for a long time its got ridiculous recently. I am poor so I cant act on any of this but if I had 1-2k to play with I would have some serious issues deciding between these:

Sadowsky RV5
Dingwall NG-2
Musicman Stingray
Fender CS Relic

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1448308870' post='2914383']
An old Ibanez SR800LE with Lo-Z pickups. There's a beauty on ebay but it's priced just a bit too high and the lad won't play ball.
[/quote]Well, today is, hopefully, the day the postie arrives with something special for me :)

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1450470769' post='2933234']
Indeed. I'm quite smitten. It's rather lovely, quite different to modern SRs. I'll get better pics in daylight.

[/quote]

Looks very nice! I've played a few SRs and they all played lovely. Not played that model though.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1450031082' post='2928957']
GAS for the first time in a while. I find that I need a Squier Musicmaster Vista Series in sonic blue.
[/quote]

And now, courtesy of gareth, I have one. Exceeds my expectations, which were high, too. :)

Two things...

1) A Markbass NY151 blackline cab to take my combo out to the full 250w. It's already mega, but more is good, as we all know.
2) Another Status, an S2000 would be nice, but really anything with the original clasic body shape.
3) Something neck thru, 5 string and exotic looking. This needn't be dear.

( I know, that's three.)

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1421926075' post='2666612']

9 months on and its all change for me. Still want the new hardware and setup for my Warwick. New bass wise though it's all about passive Ps and Js for me now for some reason.
This weekend I'm heading to PMT in Norwich to try out a Squier VM Precision V against a Fender Modern Player Jazz V and hopefully one of them will be coming home with me!
The picks , I'm happy to report, I did get half a dozen of and given that they're used on just 2 songs out of our set I expect them to last a good while too.
[/quote]

Nearly a year later on this time! I've now given up on the idea of sorting out my Warwick and its just gathering dust as I've fully converted to using passive basses now.
I tried both the basses that weekend and loved both but ended up buying the Jazz which I do still love but soon realised that I do need a precision in my life too so I've been gassing for the Squier VM P5 since then!
Fortunately I should be finally getting one in the new year once I've fulfilled my other current major gas - a new amp and cabs (Aguilar goodness here I come)!

I still have most of the picks.