Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

I want a quality ukulele. I don't have particular GAS for any basses at the moment. I'd like to make better use (playing ability, setups, upgrades?) of what I have at the moment. I'm thinking it would be fun to make a kit bass, but am a bit frustrated at the low-end-ness of the bass kits available. I can't justify spending the money on Warmoth bits.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1421842395' post='2665558']
I'm Looking for a small but loud amp solution ... lugging trace while sounded great and making me feel 15 again ...
Is not doing me favors in the long run , and my other half wants the living room door to open all the way rather than bonking into the front of a stack.
[/quote]

I feel your pain! - as the years advance, we all need the same, or more power,
but in half the size cabs, which are a quarter of the weight lol

My old rig was huge, heavy, and gave me 150W
Opting for a Markbass rig was the right move for me, defo!
However, I now wish it was half the weight! .... moving goalposts eh?

I played using a pals old Trace last year, and I'd forgotten just how heavy they are :o
Good luck with your search

I really shouldn't have any GAS
I've got the DB I really love, I've got a nice EUB, great amp gear
Several fab basses, inc my fave - my roadworn Fender Jazz

I just bought a bitsa P bass, which has the mods I was going to do on my CV Squier
i.e. 2 pickups, in a P/J arrangement (so I must sell the CV Squier - which is brilliant)

.... but I still keep looking at some of the cracking Limelight basses on here

For me, GAS sometimes subsides
... but it always returns ;)

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1398073724' post='2430044']
Let me see....
Another Ampeg 1x15 classic cab.
Warwick pro series 6 string corvette.
Bass Mods K6 in white, maple board, black block inlays, black hardware and pick guard.
Complete new set of hardware in black and a pro set up for my 5 string corvette.
Some purple Dunlop tortex jazz pics - the only thing on my list I can actually afford right now!
[/quote]

9 months on and its all change for me. Still want the new hardware and setup for my Warwick. New bass wise though it's all about passive Ps and Js for me now for some reason.
This weekend I'm heading to PMT in Norwich to try out a Squier VM Precision V against a Fender Modern Player Jazz V and hopefully one of them will be coming home with me!
The picks , I'm happy to report, I did get half a dozen of and given that they're used on just 2 songs out of our set I expect them to last a good while too.

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1421996783' post='2667463']
I had GAS for an Ibanez Musician bass ...so have bought one from another member and shall be receiving hopefully next week :)
[/quote]

Ah, someone with a fab NBD next week! :)

.... will it cure your GAS though?

Sandbergs in general, and a Basic Ken Taylor 5 and a VM5 in particular. Loved my TM4 fretless and only sold it cos I don't play 4 stringers any more. Will definitely be filling a Sandberg-sized hole in my bass playing life at some point this year. Will need to sell some stuff first, mind ...

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1422108899' post='2668777']
No bass type GAS at the moment but I do fancy a Fender Super Champ X2 for my guitar GAS (although the Roland Blues Cube with Eric Johnson plug in is also verrrry interesting).
[/quote]
Oo-er! I had to use an X2 at a recent low-level rehearsal, and I thought it sounded shocking - made the guitar sound very thin.