Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1460048801' post='3022124']
A five string Status, the Chris Wolstenholme model particularly appeals.
[/quote]

I've been pondering a 4 string version for a while. Bonus lands in a couple of weeks...

[quote name='Iain' timestamp='1460126781' post='3022862']

I've been pondering a 4 string version for a while. Bonus lands in a couple of weeks...
[/quote]

We didn't get a bonus this year......maybe next year

[quote name='Lysdexia' timestamp='1459971952' post='3021460']
I had a Warwick Streamer LX with the H/S pup configuration - and loved it - but couldn't get on with how it slapped. Or how it hung on me when standing. And I didn't like the oily finish thing or much like the colour of the fretboard and was never a fan of the spade-like headstock.

The pup placement/height was also about perfect for finger style play.

I've had any number of Fender Jazz basses ('75 reissue necks being my favourites) and loved how they slapped, but was often niggled by a constant search for a fuller. richer tone. Aesthetically they are hugely appealing to me - unless they have a rosewood board with dots, then they are one the verge of m***erdom.

An Aerodyne I had for a short time was the perfect weight, but sounded like a Jazz after someone let the tyres down.

I want a bass that marries the best of things I like from above. Light, rich in tone with H/S (or H/H and coil splits) that plays and slaps like a Jazz and looks amazing.

Maybe something like a Clover Apeiron or a Status Graphite Jazz bass - are there others I don't know of that would deliver what I need?
[/quote] I've been intreged by them clover basses the hybrid pickup is a genius idea - don't see many around though

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Bobthedog' timestamp='1466890959' post='3079631']
I have no GAS. :unsure:
[/quote]

Bwa-ha-haaah!! Enjoy the feeling, it won't last. ;)

I'm pleased with my current Markbass amp, but have a sneaking suspicion something else may be getting pushed through my letterbox. And I don't mean the postman's cock, like last Thursday.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1466891650' post='3079635']

I'm pleased with my current Markbass amp, but have a sneaking suspicion something else may be getting pushed through my letterbox. And I don't mean the postman's cock, like last Thursday.
[/quote]

Hahahaha. Brilliant. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1466891650' post='3079635']

[/quote] :lol: :lol:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1467395517' post='3083445']
A BF Two10. Which is arriving on Tuesday, if FedEx get their arses in gear. :)
[/quote]

Tested my new basses through one at GBBL yesterday with a micro Gk head. Very nice.

Current GAS is an Ibanez SR755. I love split P pickups on 5 strings for some reason and add them being Nordstrands all for 700 quid (200 of which is pickups)

Looks very classy and the video i saw not totally unlike a Warwick. I need to try one out as I'm used to wider necks.

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars_detail.asp?stock=14123112154458

Edited by Machines