Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

[quote name='bassix' timestamp='1454515413' post='2970415']
I'm back lusting after a Yamaha 2024x in Vintage White, still the best bass i've ever tried. If only I'd had the £2000 odd asking price they wanted! :blink:
[/quote]
Since acquiring a 414, I'm looking in this direction too. Will probably settle for a 424 or a s/h 1024 if I can find one, and the dosh to pay for it...

This... [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zon-Sonus-Classic-Standard-5-Black-with-gig-bag-SCB5-/291392894911?hash=item43d85eb7bf:g:6AgAAOSwBLlU72-x"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zon-Sonus-Classic-Standard-5-Black-with-gig-bag-SCB5-/291392894911?hash=item43d85eb7bf:g:6AgAAOSwBLlU72-x[/url]

I wandered into a music shop in the Trafford Centre at the weekend (whilst visiting Manchester) with my 4 year old as they had ukuleles in the window (he's obsessed with ukes). At the back they had a black Aerodyne. I'd never seen one in the flesh before and despite not trying it GAS ensued... Does anyone have one? Any good? It looked fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had a Warwick Streamer LX with the H/S pup configuration - and loved it - but couldn't get on with how it slapped. Or how it hung on me when standing. And I didn't like the oily finish thing or much like the colour of the fretboard and was never a fan of the spade-like headstock.

The pup placement/height was also about perfect for finger style play.

I've had any number of Fender Jazz basses ('75 reissue necks being my favourites) and loved how they slapped, but was often niggled by a constant search for a fuller. richer tone. Aesthetically they are hugely appealing to me - unless they have a rosewood board with dots, then they are one the verge of m***erdom.

An Aerodyne I had for a short time was the perfect weight, but sounded like a Jazz after someone let the tyres down.

I want a bass that marries the best of things I like from above. Light, rich in tone with H/S (or H/H and coil splits) that plays and slaps like a Jazz and looks amazing.

Maybe something like a Clover Apeiron or a Status Graphite Jazz bass - are there others I don't know of that would deliver what I need?

Edited by Lysdexia