Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1423050004' post='2679934']
I really want a Squier Matt Freeman in Vintage White to go with my black one. I have pretty average goals in life.
[/quote]

I got the white Matt Freeman, now I want a CV 60s Precision.

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1427383032' post='2729709']
I really shouldn't have any GAS
But I do keep coming back to look at this;
It was posted by Dazed on the Limelight thread
(apols for borrowing your pictures Dazed)

But it's just such a gorgeous colour
and the wear & tear just gives it a real vintage look

... but maybe I'd go for a P, rather than a Jazz - as I've already got too many of those!
[/quote]

Agreed Marc that is a peach! Albeit a pink one.
It isn't mine ( :( )btw I saw the pics on the cool and classic site. I think it was snapped up fairly quickly after.

I'm currently suffering with Old DB gas now after getting an EUB ,which is great but it isn't the same as an acoustic. Hopefully that will be cured next week if things work out

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dazer/media/BASS/97B9FB78-C645-4776-B264-99C633279535_zps0klkox9c.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/dazer/BASS/97B9FB78-C645-4776-B264-99C633279535_zps0klkox9c.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Still have beaten up jazz GAS, thanks for that Limelight!!

Does anyone else find when the current GAS is quenched that the acquisition often loses its appeal and is almost instantly followed by further GAS for something different? Another 1st world problem I'm currently pondering..... :lol:

Edited by Dazed

I've had GAS for a Warwick for a long time... Thumb or Streamer. Don't really have any use for it, just that after listening to various players (Ryan Martinie, Jon Stockman, Dirk Lance, Dick Lövgren, [color=#252525][font=sans-serif]Damon McKinnon)[/font][/color] using either of those and getting just fantastic tones, has got me interested.

However, because I don't have immediate use for it, I've been trying to find a used one in my vicinity that doesn't have an outrageous price, as I don't wanna buy a new one. So far, no cigar.

Also have a slight GAS for a Fender Jazz V now that I've ordered a Sandberg, but again... no immediate use for one, and I would probably only use it for backup if I ever got one.

[quote name='Dregg' timestamp='1432649229' post='2783564']
I've had GAS for a Warwick for a long time... Thumb or Streamer.
[/quote]

Warwick GAS is not a bad thing, they are wonderful instruments with a unique tone...

I beleive there are some reasonably priced examples in the BC marketplace right now ;)

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1432649542' post='2783568']
Warwick GAS is not a bad thing, they are wonderful instruments with a unique tone...

I beleive there are some reasonably priced examples in the BC marketplace right now ;)
[/quote]
And I've checked out most of them! :D
But unfortunately, most of them are not the simple Thumb or Streamer Stage-1 5-strings that I'm after, but instead other types. Otherwise I would seriously consider one of them.

[quote name='Dregg' timestamp='1432651327' post='2783587']
And I've checked out most of them! :D
But unfortunately, most of them are not the simple Thumb or Streamer Stage-1 5-strings that I'm after, but instead other types. Otherwise I would seriously consider one of them.
[/quote]

I've not had a streamer but I had a Thumb NT sixer and a Corvette $$ fiver and they both sounded epic.

[quote name='Eversonguitars' timestamp='1432722269' post='2784224']
Hi, Drew at GBBL has commissioned me to build another one similar to this, should be finished by the end of summer
[/quote]

Has he now... better start saving the pennies...

It's a beautiful shape, I know you have done others in this style but the woods used for this one make it very easy on the eye.