Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

For me it's a Fodera emperor 5... Not decided on a standard or an elite just yet. Has to be black hardware, aguilar pickups and dark wood (probably some form of walnut). I'd quite like a fretted version of the emperor 5 standard fretless they have on the site ATM (http://fodera.com/instruments-in-stock/emperor-5-standard-fretless-in-stock/) but with slightly closer string spacing and a few other personal tweaks!

I have just the two pressing needs GAS wise currently.

Firstly it'll be a premium bass, and since I really like the 38mm nut on my Epiphone T'bird that means something like a J Bass. In fact it means a J bass. I was undecided between the Duff signature model and the Aerodyne special, but fortunately the local PMT have a Duff in currently and, although it plays beautifully, the looks just weren't what I was looking for. Combine that with the fact the Duff is a MIM and is over a hundred quid more than the MIJ Aerodyne. The only benefit I can see with the Duff is that it has some nice Seymour Duncan pups, which in all honesty I can probably get hold of and retro fit to the aerodyne further down the line should I feel it necessary.

Secondly I'll be needing to upgrade my amp from the current little 10w Ashdown Tourbus sooner or later and I have to hold my hand up to a serious fondness for Orange amps. I'd say (bearing in mind my beginners status) that I'll not be needing something with enough poke to get a sympathetic resonance from the tubes on the organ in the albert hall for quite some time and as such I'm strongly leaning towards the Crush Pix 50 solid state combo. If I get a bit more cash together that may become the 100w model.

I'm really lusting after an alembic short scale Series I or II bass. It's the bass I've always had my heart on since the early 80's. I have only crossed over from guitar onto bass as my main instrument properly in the last few years so I can look into satisfying that desire.

Jazzyvee

This:

[Img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Ghost_Upon_The_Stage/Mobile%20Uploads/T5Front590_zpsqoyxcafs.jpeg" class="ipsImage" />

And an Ashdown CTM300 and Barefaced '69er to go with it. Oh, and a doom band to play it in.

Also, in a more practicable, but no more feasable vein, a Demeter Minnie and Barefaced Super Compact.

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1396026953' post='2409230']
This:

And an Ashdown CTM300 and Barefaced '69er to go with it. Oh, and a doom band to play it in.

Also, in a more practicable, but no more feasable vein, a Demeter Minnie and Barefaced Super Compact.
[/quote]

Cheers mate, now Im lusting after that :angry:

Always on the GAS list - Gibson Thunderbird. Have been a bit tempted by the new Epi T-birds with the Gibson pickups, but some I have seen haven't had great finishes.

Last month or so - Fender Jaguar bass. Had one two years ago, sold it, getting GAS again. Might be daft as too many knobs and switches is a bit of a turn off, but I love the look of these things.

Last week or so - Gibson SG. Christ knows why. Never liked the idea of short scale, either. Might pop into Dawsons / PMT tomorrow and try one out to see if that puts it at rest.

I was having some light to medium Gas over the last couple of months for the Fender Am. Spl. Honeyburst Precision. Until April 4th, and one of them started talking to me. It kept saying, Play Me! So I did, and,……………….. took it home. No more GAS.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xHm7qRG.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AFouiQY.jpg[/IMG]

I'd like to get back my pair of 1964 Jazz and Precision basses I sold to get on the property ladder. :(

But for new territory I can't stop thinking about how cool it would be to have a Music Man Cutlass II, which is the Sabre version.

Wanted one since 2003 when I walked into The Gallery and saw the one Dave Swift just got. I think he was only hours away from beating me to it, gutted!

Luckily I really couldn't justify buying one if it turned up now, and I'm very happy with my lot..... but that doesn't stop me dreaming.