Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1382887269' post='2257571']
I saw a Black/Maple Fender Modern Player Jazz Satin in real life yesterday.
The build quality was fantastic.

I refrained from having a try as I would depress me not being able to buy one there and then.

But currently it's top of the GAS list.
[/quote]

Top of mine too.

That and trying to hunt down a Sonic Blue CV Precision (which mysteriously appeared back on the Squier website last night!)

I'm full steam ahead into the world of 5-strings (playing a Peavey Cirrus BXP and enjoying it).

I tried a [url="http://www.fender.com/series/american-deluxe/american-deluxe-jazz-bass-v-five-string-rosewood-fingerboard-wine-transparent-3-ply-bwb-pickguard/"]Fender American Deluxe V Jazz[/url] recently and wow, that is one tasty bass. A bit steep for my current pocket, but I might be tempted in future.

Yes, I know there are currently two of these basses going for a grand in the For Sale forum on Basschat. And my response to that is: GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!

That is all :D

Edited by Skol303

I have played P basses pretty much exclusively for the last couple of years, and haven't thought I'd want to try anything else. I mean, I have a 4001 which I love the look of, but whenever it's rehearsal or gig time I reach for the P. To the extent that I think I may be looking for a good home for that one, but that's another story.

Anyway, yesterday I reluctantly sold my Fender Bassman head, and the guy who bought it brought his Jazz to try it out. I've never had much of a thing for Jazzes, but I really liked the sounds coming from his. Plus the fingerboard inlays and binding looked very cool indeed. So now I have Jazz GAS.

I will be trawling through threads on P vs J basses, trying out loads to work out which one I want, then obsessively watching them on here and the 'bay until the GAS either goes away or is sated.

I once owned a fretless Precision. As happens, I stupidly got rid of it, ooh, aeons ago. So I'm gassing for another. And Wunjos have a Squier ready for me tomorrow! Already have the tools and a new set of TI Jazz Flats waiting...
:)

Edited by Telebass

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1378644109' post='2202675']
I quite fancy a Squire Jaguar bass :) like this

[url="http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Squier_Vintage_Modified_Jaguar_Bass_Special_HB,_Black/FEN-032-8700-506?CAWELAID=1830894733&catargetid=1821941091&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=COGwzNzpu7kCFfQetAodXX0AsA"]http://www.soundsliv...CFfQetAodXX0AsA[/url]
[/quote]
+1

• 1 month later...

Another Shuker. I want a J bass and a SC bass. I will order one or the other in the next couple of months, but dunno which one to order first. Wish I could afford both at the same time. Also, I have had a bit of a craving for a Dingwall Combustion for studio use.

Edited by shizznit

A MusicMan Bongo stealth. 6 months ago I would've laughed if you'd told me I'd be gassing for one, I hated the looks! Then I watched that video of the guy comparing Fender P, J, Bongo, Ray and a boutique fretless, and absolutely loved the sound of the Bongo.