Why become a member? ×

What have you got GAS for at the mo?

action_panzer

[quote name='Spaced' timestamp='1380286696' post='2223293']

The only Sandberg Bullet I've seen on BC or in 'real life' was a natural fretless Custom in PMT Leeds... really wish I'd gone for it. Dunno if it's just me but especially here they don't seem to be much favoured :unsure:
[/quote]

Everyone seems to love a Fender-a-like innit? :D

The main thing about the Bullets and Basics for me is the necks.just incredible! I had a California PM once, And whilst (imho) it beat the pants off any fender I've ever played, the neck just wasn't as good as a Basic (plus it was quite a lot heavier). Personally, I like something that is a bit different anyway. I've gone for an upgrade to swamp Ash for the body too, so that is even lighter and has a bit more warmth and low-mid growl. I think it's a shame that you don't see more of Sandberg's original designs about, but each to their own and I guess people just like what they like. I think all of their basses are outstanding value for money, for a hand built bass which can hold its own against anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TRBboy' timestamp='1380319534' post='2223913']
Everyone seems to love a Fender-a-like innit? :D

The main thing about the Bullets and Basics for me is the necks.just incredible! I had a California PM once, And whilst (imho) it beat the pants off any fender I've ever played, the neck just wasn't as good as a Basic (plus it was quite a lot heavier). Personally, I like something that is a bit different anyway. I've gone for an upgrade to swamp Ash for the body too, so that is even lighter and has a bit more warmth and low-mid growl. I think it's a shame that you don't see more of Sandberg's original designs about, but each to their own and I guess people just like what they like. I think all of their basses are outstanding value for money, for a hand built bass which can hold its own against anything else.
[/quote]

Yea, the Sandberg original designs do it for me a whole lot more than their numerous fender copies. I just wish they were more widely available.

I'm very settled electric wise lately, probably because I don't actually 'need' anything, although I'd quite like a new body for my Ibby fretless as it feels very small comrade to my others basses, but the neck and tone are spot on. However, I have continual GAS for an upright which I will sate one day.

[quote name='grayn' timestamp='1381494924' post='2239842']
they only seem to come up, just after I've just blown my cash on something else.
[/quote]

Not true. In fact they only come up after you have posted here that you've blown your cash.
So now you should know the drill: save up money like Hull, then write a post on here, and LIE THROUGH YOUR TEETH!!!!
Good luck! You'll have that bass in no time.
:)