Why become a member? ×

check out this live multi-track recording with video of us :O

JamesXP

Good performance but I don't like the mix at all I'm afraid. The vocal is too loud and it needs some treatment, eq and some compression probably, and maybe a little delay and reverb. The guitar is too quiet, the bass is indistinct, and it needs to sound much more punchy overall.

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh mate, but I find honesty is the best policy, unless the music or whatever is so rank I can't possibly comment without causing grave offence :D

Thanks for the advice..

I've never touched mufti-track recording before...

I've been struggling to get a good reverb sound with my current plugin so I'll work on finding a better one..

could you give me some advice on making the bass sound punchier? I have a straight DI signal + Mic'd cab signal

and I'm also assuming that the drum sound is okay haha!

regards,

james

[quote name='JamesXP' timestamp='1378480693' post='2200975']
Thanks for the advice..

I've never touched mufti-track recording before...

I've been struggling to get a good reverb sound with my current plugin so I'll work on finding a better one..

could you give me some advice on making the bass sound punchier? I have a straight DI signal + Mic'd cab signal

and I'm also assuming that the drum sound is okay haha!

regards,

james
[/quote]

I concur with Xilddx. the mix need a lot of work.
There is so much to learn about getting a good mix and I think you may need to get to grips with the basics. but I can't fault the band.
It sound like the lead vocals are in front of you and the band is playing two streets away. try using a reference mix and keep A\B your mix with it.
What did you do the mix on?