Why become a member? ×

USA Fender Custom Shop Pino Palladino P Bass- WITHDRAWN
£2000

Legion

*Withdrawn*

This has been a very hard decision to make but I have done some impulsive buying lately and am suffering for it, as I can't seem to move on the other 2 basses I own at the moment.

You all know the score on this one - its a very early one (certificate dates it at 1st Dec 2005) and I think the relicing is excellent compared to the later ones which have a very "template relic" look to them in my opinion. The neck was replaced with a brand new one from Fender Custom Shop not long ago as the old one was confirmed to have a faulty truss rod. It has been stamped with the same serial number as the bass, although the date is now much more recent. I don't have the old neck, understandably they kept it. The new neck is nicer than the old one was anyway so it was a win-win situation!

I have changed the tuners to Gotoh Res-O-Lites from Madison Music (reliced lightly). These are nicer than the originals and lighter so the entire bass is now just over 8lbs. Originals included of course. No mods required to swap back. I've also shielded the bass cavities so its now noise immune and I was impressed how much difference it made. I had to replace some of the wiring when I did it as the original stuff was the "waxed cloth" type and the cores had work hardened and some only had a strand still connected so I figured I would rather make it reliable whilst I had it apart.

A few BC'ers have played this bass and have heaped praise on it. Rightly so. I can't really see any way out other than selling this or my Lull so here goes nothing....

Collection/meet up much preferred as I'm out of giant boxes to post it in at the moment.
[attachment=142861:DSC00348.JPG][attachment=142863:DSC00351.JPG]
[attachment=142864:DSC00353.JPG][attachment=142865:DSC00354.JPG]
[attachment=142866:DSC00358.JPG]

Edited by Legion

Ah Jas, are you sure? This bass is [u]you[/u], the Lull isn't, Can't you give the Lull a bit more time to sell, after all everyone's counting cost of summer hols etc right now.

FWIW, I have owned this bass, bought it from Jas and then he bought it back (I only sold the Pino as I bought a year-of-birth '63). This Pino is the equal-nicest Precision I have ever played (it matched my YOB in every way)

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1378059763' post='2195320']
FWIW, I have owned this bass, bought it from Jas and then he bought it back (I only sold the Pino as I bought a year-of-birth '63). This Pino is the equal-nicest Precision I have ever played (it matched my YOB in every way)
[/quote]

If that`s the one I played Clarky, agree wholeheartedly, a great bass and easily the best Precision I`ve ever played.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1378080863' post='2195667']
I can't see that information on my iPad. Thanks.
[/quote]

Little tip - press 'Full Version' at the bottom of the page and all will be revealed...

You don't really need to run the mobile version on the iPad.

Thanks for all the kind words, it is indeed an amazing precision bass.
[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1378059763' post='2195320']
Ah Jas, are you sure?
[/quote]
Not really, but my credit card doesn't care
[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1378059899' post='2195323']
Are you *sure* about this?
[/quote]
Ditto! :)
[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1378080863' post='2195667']
Couple of questions if I may. Did the new tuners mean more holes or did they match the existing?
What made you change them and are the originals still available?
I can't quite see what strap buttons you have on it. Originals or locks?
Where are you based? I can't see that information on my iPad. Thanks.
[/quote]
Tuners were a straight swap over, no modifications made. I did swap the bushes over, again no changes required.
Originals are still with it, I just wanted to lose a little more weight and improve balance. It was already very good, but the Fender design has always been a little neck heavy to me.
Strap buttons are Jim Dunlops, Original reliced fender buttons included.
I'm near Ipswich in Suffolk.
J