Why become a member? ×

NBD: Squier VM Precision UPDATED WITH AUDIO SAMPLES!

theyellowcar

So, after a number of years playing my Active Precision, I've taken the plunge and picked up what I consider to be a REAL Precision for the first time in my bass playing career.

The build and finish of this thing is phenomenal - it's easily as well built as the Active Precision. The tone is exactly what I've been looking for, lots of punch and a little bit of bite. While I was waiting for it to arrive I was toying with the idea of replacing the bridge, but there is no need - this thing has bags of sustain.

It's early days, but I can't speak highly enough of this bass, my opinion of the Squier range (particularly VM and CV) has sky-rocketed!
As an aside - Steve at PMT in Birmingham (I have no affiliation!) who ordered this in for me was an absolute gem - I originally called about a price match and whilst he wasn't able to meet the other retailer's price, he threw in a free set-up and free Saturday delivery which would've cost me more than the difference in price anyway.

Edited by theyellowcar

I'm out and about today, but when I get back I'll record some quick samples for you all :-)

EDIT:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86001412/VM.mp3

Here you are. Clips are in this order:

1. Tone full open, finger style
2. Tone full open, pick
3. Tone full off, finger style
4. Tone full off, pick

All straight into Audacity through an M-Audio USB, no additional tweaks.

Edited by theyellowcar