Why become a member? ×

Basses on the decking

Acebassmusic

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]Nice and sunny day in [/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][size=4]Aberdeen[/size][size=4] so I thought I would take a few of pics of "the family". Especially as I think I've just sold a couple and they will be leaving home soon. Here's one of them just lounging about :) If anyone's interested I can post a few more....[/size][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial][/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1] [/size][/font][/color]

11 wooden basses lying on the deck
11 wooden basses lying on the deck
and if one wooden bass should accidentally sell
there be 10 wooden basses lying on the deck

Wonderful picture and some sumptuous basses.
Myrtle looking good in the sun.

Edited by BassBus

[size=4][quote name='Ghosts Over Japan' timestamp='1377959968' post='2194121']
what's the gorgeous one pointing the the 10o'clock position with the crazy double wooden top? wouldn't mind another full picture of that beauty! Stunning collection :)
Cai
[/quote][/size]

[size=4]It’s an original USA made Conklin Sidewinder custom “melt-top”. Most Conklins you see in the UK are the Groove Tools Korean(?) models. Have a look at some of the crazy work they do here: [url="http://www.conklinguitars.com/"]http://www.conklinguitars.com/[/url][/size]

[size=4]I’m thinking of thinning the herd down a bit more and this may be on that list with the Fender FMT. No doubt I’ll regret it….sob…sob :( [/size]

[size=4][/size]

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Ghosts Over Japan' timestamp='1377977415' post='2194373']
One cheeky shot of the W&T's gorgeous deep blue coat? :rolleyes:I'll leave you alone after that :P
[/quote]

Sorry it took me so long to get the pics….here’s a couple more in compensation for the wait. The wood (quilted poplar) look like water…..

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1380264571' post='2222902']
Where is it that you live? What times are you usually out of the house? :ph34r:

Seriously though what a beautiful collection of basses... Don't suppose you could be persuaded to part with that wal?
[/quote]

Even if you knew where I lived in Aberdeen you'd stilll have to get past the dozen or so killer guard haggis I have stationed 24 hours a day out side.... :D

Thanks everyone on the compliments. It's taken a fair few years and lots of overtime to build this little lot up. My wife has not only encouraged me to buy them but in one case (the Ritter) told me I [u]must [/u]buy it! :o

From the first time I saw a Wal to getting my mits on mine last year was about a 25 year wait......I'm not quite ready to part with it just yet.... :D ...especially as its got pretty blue LED's! (What is it about techy / geeky bass players and flashy lights? I guess that could be a thread in itself...lol)

Edited by Acebassmusic

[quote name='Acebassmusic' timestamp='1380270037' post='2222969']
Even if you knew where I lived in Aberdeen you'd stilll have to get past the dozen or so killer guard haggis I have stationed 24 hours a day out side.... :D

Thanks everyone on the compliments. It's taken a fair few years and lots of overtime to build this little lot up. My wife has not only encouraged me to buy them but in one case (the Ritter) told me I [u]must [/u]buy it! :o

From the first time I saw a Wal to getting my mits on mine last year was about a 25 year wait......I'm not quite ready to part with it just yet.... :D ...especially as its got pretty blue LED's! (What is it about techy / geeky bass players and flashy lights? I guess that could be a thread in itself...lol)
[/quote]

Its an incredible collection I'm terribly envious... I've been toying with the idea of having a Wal built. I did send an email last week but the 17 month waiting list is putting me off a bit! still better than 25 years!

• Like 1

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' timestamp='1380451976' post='2225353']
Oh you live in THAT part of the Deen! :lol:
[/quote]

Shhh…. Don’t tell everyone! Although the haggis do make such a squealy growling noise you probably could work out the location just by listening and following your ears! :(

• 11 months later...