Why become a member? ×

Shuker 6-string J Custom SOLD.
£1450

LukeTessié

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1449879212' post='2927788']
I cannot believe that this hasn't sold, it's been on here for over 2 years !

What's the string spacing please ?
[/quote]

String spacing is 18-19mm. I think the reason it hasn't sold is because a Jazz6 is quite an unusual bass to come across and may not be everyones cup of tea.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure to be honest. I have had a few people say "oh when I get paid this is mine".

I think its maybe because that its a 6 string Jazz bass, which may not be everyones cup of tea.

When it eventually goes, it'll go to someone really wants it :) Obviously sensible offers will be considered

[quote name='LukeTessié' timestamp='1462788632' post='3045604']
I think its maybe because that its a 6 string Jazz bass, which may not be everyones cup of tea.
[/quote]

My first bass was a Yamaha TRB6 (Mk I) which is a 6-string Jazz-type bass, and while it's no longer my regular player I still love it and it sounds fantastic. I'd love a 6-string traditional-looking Jazz again one day. This one is frankly gorgeous in the more modern vein.

[quote name='therealting' timestamp='1463224724' post='3049693']
My first bass was a Yamaha TRB6 (Mk I) which is a 6-string Jazz-type bass, and while it's no longer my regular player I still love it and it sounds fantastic. I'd love a 6-string traditional-looking Jazz again one day. This one is frankly gorgeous in the more modern vein.
[/quote]

It's a great bass. The brief I gave Jon when I commissioned it was to be as tonally versatile as possible without losing the original tone of a Jazz Bass which he achieved in bucket loads!

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1463486542' post='3051696']
If only I was after a six, this would be the perfect companion for my five... :)
GLWTS!

[/quote]

Funny you should post your bass, I saw it in Jons Gallery and fell in love with the finish and said that was the finish I wanted!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump. Thank you to those that have offered trades. A couple of them I would have jumped at a couple of years ago. I'm not playing the same amount of bass as I was, and when I do my old Fender J-Bass is enough (typical function things where a 6-string may be over kill)

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1467553128' post='3084476']
That is a hell of a lot of bass for the money .
[/quote]

It is, isn't it! It is a fantastic bass. Unfortunately I can't justify keeping it. I'll be sad to see her go when/if it goes but at least i'll be safe in the knowledge that it'll be going to to good home on here.