Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro LX 6 - Now Sold
£700

andybassdoyle

Dear all,

I'm shuffling a few things around at the moment and this beauty now needs to find a new home.

I picked this up from Dood a couple of years ago now and it just doesn't get played so much any more. I've moved away from 35s this just doesn't really work for me now. The spec for the bass is in the original thread which I hope Dood doesn't mind me lifting:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/160815-sold-spector-euro-lx-6-6-string-neckthru-l700-yes-only-700rrp-l1400ish/page__hl__spector%20euro"]http://basschat.co.u..._spector%20euro[/url]

The thing I've always enjoyed about this bass and will miss is the B string. I read a lot about how Spectors can sound a little compressed - I'm not so sure myself but this bass does have the best B on any bass I've played. Very tight and focussed, essentially sounds like an E string but lower. Has huge depth but without some of the surplus bass and width that you can hear on some. Anyway, enough drivel, here are some current pics of the bass which is in great condition:

[attachment=142262:20130824_124948.jpg]
[attachment=142263:20130824_124953.jpg]
[attachment=142264:20130824_125015.jpg]
[attachment=142265:20130824_125019.jpg]

The only things to mention are that one of the pot shafts is a little loose on the knob side plus the bass could do with some new strings. It currently has an old set of Elixirs on it which are fine but a little tired. Depends what you like of course.

So price wise this is pretty crazy. Bottom line I paid £700 for the bass so although it is probably worth more than that I can't really ask for more! The bass is in Norwich if you want to view it or collect, I will ship it to you at your cost. There is no case with the bass, I'll throw in a gigbag if you need one.

Cheers!

Abd

Edited by andybassdoyle