Why become a member? ×

First gig with my accugroove jr

jonnpip

Ive been a bass player for over 35 yrs now and ive tried a and tested alot of bass cabs,genz,mark bass,messa,harke,infact all the most popular cabs on the market and last night i gigged my most recent purchase,a accugroove 2x12 jr and i was compleatly blown away,I cannot fauilt this cab in any any way,..well actually,i can, but the sound compromises the weight of this cab,(65 ilbs),...bit lighter then a 4x10,but smaller and would blow away any 4x10 with a 15"cab come to that.
I played at a typical sized wmc and my bass doesant go through the Pa but the sound was massive,,it had all the lows & highs you can ever wish for.
My main stick is a 5 string roscoe 3005,and dream bass to play on,without a doubt,for some reason the cab sound actually made me play better,weird thing to say, but its true,i had a few guys come up to me at the end of the gig and say"what a sound i had"even my misserable git of a drummer of 18yrs said at the end he not only felt the bass but it cut thru and coulld hear the notes perfectly.
The company(accugroove) ceased trading a while ago but now accugroove is going back into production in the next couple of monthes which is fab news.
Anyway,there we go, just thought id put my own personal view of this arsome bass cabinet.

I played through two Accugroove Tri 110L,s for 5 years and they always sounded amazing, got rid of them recently to get a Bergantino and the jury is still out. Really glad to hear Accugroove are going back into production :)