Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fodera AJ Presentation Price Reduced £7500
£8500

Nick Brown

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica]After much mental to-ing and fro-ing and soul searching I have come to the decision that the time is right to let my Fodera AJ Presentation go to a new home. Truth is that these days it never gets played, due to my hand problems I'm now sticking to 34" or less scale length instruments.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica]Any way here she is up for sale.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica]A beautiful Fodera Anthony Jackson Presentation model 6 string bass. I bought this bass in 2003 from a really great guy in the US. He had bought it virtually unused in 2001, this is also the year it was built. This bass has a 36" scale length with a 28 fret fingerboard of Madagascar Kingwood. The neck is maple with pin stripe purpleheart stringers, the body is swamp ash and the carved top a lovely Curly Redwood. There is a single custom Fodera pickup and the bass is totally passive, no controls or preamp. It has a lovely tone and plays nicely with a nice low action. The bass is in excellent condition, there are three cosmetic "dings" which are not at all deep or serious but are mentioned for completeness. There is a shallow dent on the front of the bass about 2mm square only noticeable when the light catches it the right way, a similar mark on the rear of the bass too. A small (1mm diameter) ding on the pickup cover itself too. I will try and photograph these if requested, as mentioned they are small and difficult to catch. The playing surfaces are all clean from any blemishes. The bass comes with the original hard case and tools.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica]I am asking £7500 for this bass and while I know this is a large amount a new one will set you back around twice that and you will have to wait some years to receive it. I'm not looking for any trades on this bass either ..... sorry. I would prefer, greatly, a UK sale preferably with the buyer picking up to avoid any shipping calamities.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica]Thanks for looking.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica]Cheers[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica]Nick[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Helvetica][/font][/color]

Edited by Nick Brown

Just to echo Nick's pricing - the current UK price on a new AJP is £16,900 and they are made to direct customer orders only.

Approx build time is 14 months on most customs but AJPs are very limited in production.

A truly outstanding, and extremely rare, instrument :)

Hi everyone and thanks for all the interest and supportive comments. Thanks to Molan for confirming the current price for a new one of these. Someone please buy this before I waver and hide it in the bass safe again !!! One thing and not wishing to be pernickety, I am getting a lot of messages requesting trades and I am really not looking to trade this instrument so please to avoid disappointment no trade offers please. Thanks and best wishes Nick

The bass is incredible. I had a Fodera Emperor with kingwood fretboard, a very nice wood which seems to be similar to ebony.

If I had the cash I would certainly consider buying this. There are not many of these basses around and this is one of the finest AJs I have seen. Jason from Fodera said on TB that the top is hand carved by Vinny Fodera and the work on this alone takes almost as long as building a regular Fodera bass.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='doki' timestamp='1379101817' post='2208796']
this is my favorite fodera model... reduced to the max..

i always wondered how heavy those are? what set of strings is on this (is every string tapered)?
[/quote]

It's actually not that heavy due I think to the semi chambered body. I seem to recall weighing it at about 10.5lbs. In any case and IMO it really isn't a bass greatly suited to playing on a strap standing, no surprise really considering the player it is designed around.

String wise I went from the start with Fodera steel strings in fact the AJ Signature set gauges [font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#000000"]25-45-65-85-105-125. All the strings are exposed core as opposed to taper which seems to introduce a more flexible feel than you might expect with those gauges on a 36" scale.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='rogerwilliamsen' timestamp='1379150218' post='2209127']
I so want to buy this one. Is a fifth Fodera worth risking a marriage?
[/quote]

In a word Roger .... NO ;)
Sounds to me though with 4 in your arsenal already, your wife, like my own dear lady, is prepared to indulge your love of Fodera instruments.

• 2 weeks later...